Mom, Please Speak Correctly

'When my mother speaks, she leaves out details.'

"Okay, I'm done. Dinner is ready!", announced Mrs. Jones.

Hearing his mother from his bedroom, Eddie, the eldest of all siblings, closed his history textbook and entered the kitchen. He saw his mother is now serving the food at the dinner table and he is the first one to enter the kitchen.

Eddie was about to pull the chair when Mrs. Jones said, "Oh My! Eddie, go to the kitchen and get me that thing."

"That thing?", Eddie asked confused.

"Hurry! Get me that thing." Mrs. Jones pointed towards the kitchen, signaling Eddie to bring that 'thing' again.

Cluelessly, Eddie went inside the kitchen and searched for everything. "Mom, what is that 'thing?'"

"It's over there." Mrs. Jones pointed towards the left side of the kitchen without turning.

"Over where?", Eddie asked while looking for that nameless item.

"It's around there!", replied Mrs. Jones.

"What's here? Can you at least tell me the name of that thing?", Eddie asked again. Sophie, one of the twins entered the kitchen at that moment.

"I mean the mustard, the mustard! Sophie, help your brother." Mrs. Jones ordered Sophie.

Sophie looked at her brother who was still standing by the kitchen sink and went to open the refrigerator. She took out the mustard bottle and closed the refrigerator door.

"Here, the mustard." She handed the mustard to her mother.

"Thank You. See Eddie, your sister knows everything." Mrs. Jones complimented Sophie.

"Only because you mentioned the name when she came here." Eddie silently said.

When Mrs. Jones looked at the mustard bottle, she frowned, "no it isn't this mustard."

"This is not it?", asked Sophie.

"Hurry! Go get it", again Mrs. Jones ordered Sophie.

Sophie looked at her elder brother who just shrugged. "What am I supposed to get...", she said to herself.

Both the siblings started getting items one by one and showing them to their mother.

"Ketchup?"

"No! Bring that thing."

"Soya Sauce?"

"No! Not this."

"Jam?"

"No!"

"Hey! Why do we need jam now?", asked Sophie her brother who was holding the bottle of jam.

"I don't know. She is not telling us anything and in case you have not noticed, we are running out of items", replied Greg.

It is true. They have shown almost everything to their mother but she would shake her head every time.

Right now both the siblings are standing in front of the kitchen shelf and trying to solve the puzzle in front of them. They are looking at every item that is related to the taste of mustard. That is the only name their mother mentioned.

"Oh! It must be pepper powder. Mother always mustard, wasabi, and pepper powder all as 'mustard'", Eddie announced and picked the bottle.