clara handson

I walk into the clinic seeing a girl wearing pj's and a mom who looks very worried . I go to my office and put my bag down. Max handed me Clara's case file i immediately see in big bold letters dental anxiety . I thought to myself damn if she is willing to come here the pain must be extremely bad . I go ti the waiting room and walk over to Clara I get into a kneeled position and say I love I herd your in quite a bit of pain let's head back and figure out what is causing you this pain. I hold out my hand and she grabs it I lead her into one of 5 dental exam rooms I pat the chair and say ok honey come get in the chair once she got in the chair I rolled over so I am in front of her.

Clara's view
Ugh I hate this place I really don't want to be here but if dr.mazon can make my pain stop I will just deal . Dr.m asked me how long has my mouth been hurting I say about 6 month on and off but the last few weeks the pain has only been get worse she said oh honey I'm sorry what does it feel like I say throbing pain and so much pressure it keeps me up at night. Ok honey one more question and then I will lay you back she asked love when your mouth hurts does anything else hurt ? I nod and say yes I get a very bad ear ache and my throat hurts alot.

I'm sorry honey let's hope I can get rid of your pain I ask her honey can you please take off your hoodie and mask. She hesitates but does and once she does I notice her face is swollen. I let her know I am going to set the chair back . I put on some gloves and my loops and turn on the light and bring it down I then turn on the light for my glasses. I pick up a hand held mirror and a hand scaler. I say ok love I want you to open as much as you can without hurting yourself. She opens about half way and stops I help her by massaging her jaw line and she opens a little bit more. I look around and see 4 wisdom teeth trying to push through her gums I say ok pumpkin you can close I tell max to go set up the x-ray machine . I tell Clara ok love so I think I know what's causing you all this pain but before I tell you I want to make sure I'm right so I need to take some x-rays of the back of your mouth she follows me to the x-ray room and I tell her ok love I'm not going to lie these x-rays aren't fun or comfortable but I need to make sure I'm right I place the bite wing in her mouth .

Clara's view

Wow that was fast I really like how nice dr.m is she puts a square thing in the back of my mouth I get a jolt of pain and intensity feel tears running down my face she saw my tears and told me I was doing amazing and we are almost done about 5 minutes later she brings me back to the dental chair and I lay back down while cupping my cheek

Dr m aka Erica's view
Ok sweetheart so your wisdom teeth are trying to push through causing your 2nd molars to decay I talked to your mom and we are going to do emergency oral surgery because your wisdom and 2 molars are infected and need to be pull . She starts to cry so I hushed her and told her it's the only way to get rid of your pain but don't be afraid because I'm going to give you medicine so you can sleep during the procedure.

Clara's view
Wow I didn't know it was that bad.

Dr.m view
I tell Clara ok sweetie sharp scatch in 3 2  1 she scrunched her nose I told her ok love I just gave you sleepy medicine
Don't fight it ok about 3 minutes later she is out cold

Clara's view
The last thing I remember was dr.m telling me that take deep breaths as she put some kind of mask on my face

Dr.m view
I put a bite block in her mouth and begin to numb her that takes about 30 minutes then I start the extractions I do the top first because there the easiest then the bottom ones . In between each extraction I use the suction a suck up the blood and continue to remove the infected teeth then I place 4 stitches on each side. Then I go to the waiting room and see one more person a young man which I believe to be Clara's boyfriend Jameson I tell them Clara is all done and my assistant max is waking her up now you guys can come back and take her home.