V. hustling for the good life

FIVE

FIVE. hustling for a good life

    For the first time in years, McKenna woke up alone in her own bed

For the first time in years, McKenna woke up alone in her own bed. She eyed the familiar blue colored walls and felt the familiarity of her silk sheets. She insulted the scent of books and firewood. She had a pulsing headache, a hang over headache. She knew those well.

She remembered back to everything that occurred. Her mission with Five. Their succession. Going out for drinks. He drove her home. McKenna lifted the covers off her body to see she was fully clothed. He out her into bed and left. She lowered the covers again and smiled at the ceiling.

She arrived at work feeling like a mess. The hand full of Advils had yet to kick in and the two cups of coffee in her system weren't working either. She tied her hair into a messy bun and she sported a black pantsuit. She opted for tennis shoes instead of heels for the day. McKenna leaned against the building with a cigarette in her hand and dark sunglasses covering her eyes.

"How's the hangover?" Five's raspy voice got her attention.

She looked his way with a blank stare with made him laugh. "Feels amazing. Like I just jumped out of a plane with no parachute." She described and took another puff of her cigarette.

"Yeah, I felt that way too. Drank a lot of water."

"Thanks for bringing me home." She smiled a little.

Five nodded. "Of course. You passed out as soon as walked through the door." He told her.

"I didn't do anything stupid, did I?"

A shy smirk appeared on his face and she got nervous. "You asked me to stay." He answered.

McKenna wanted to die. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" She groaned and touched her forehead.

He just laughed. "Don't be. I'm just happy I got you home safe."

She lowered her sunglasses, revealing her makeup less face. She was waiting for him to make a sexual comment but he didn't. He only smiled at her like he was glad to see her. McKenna smiled back. "Last night was fun."