XI. reminders of him

ELEVEN

ELEVEN. reminders of him

      It was raining again in New York

It was raining again in New York. When people pass away, the day gets gloomier. McKenna sat criss crossed on Diego's bed and she watched him get dressed for his father's funeral. It'd been a quiet morning. "I can go with you, y'know." She offered.

"Nah, you're better off here. My family is. . . well, you know." Diego dismissed.

She learned a lot about the Hargreeves family through him and Diego. She'd only met Klaus and Allison a couple times but that was it. He didn't like to talk or be around them. "I like your family."

"You like Klaus. You don't know the others."

She shrugged. "Well yeah, but I should still go for moral support. I didn't know your father but from what I've heard he treated you horribly. I just. . . don't want you to be alone." She said quietly at the end.

Now that she was stuck in the body of a 16 year old,  McKenna couldn't help but feel so much younger than Diego, even though they were practically the same age. He treated her like another sister, maybe even like a daughter. The least she could do was repay him.

Diego paused what he was doing. "You don't have to,  you know." He stated.

She raised her brows. "Nobody's making me."

They stared at each other with challenging eyes, something they did a lot. When he realized she wasn't going to let up, Diego sighed. "Okay, fine. Go get ready."

McKenna smiled and stood from the bed. As she began to leave the room, she paused. "Oh. . . I don't have anything to wear."

She turned and faced him. Diego sighed again and put his hands on his hips, thinking. "Eudora might have something. Go call her." He stated.

"You know she hates when you call her that."

He almost smirked. "And that's why I do. Now go."