Gossip Hound

Warnings: aftercare, discussions about scenes, mentions of domestic abuse, canon typical violence, mentions of prison arc, mentions of Maeve, fear, anxiety

Summary: Spencer goes with Hotch to interview the witness... at your house.

Eleven o'clock came around way too fast, and even though you tried to entice Spencer with sex if he let you stay in bed, he quickly grew impatient and forcefully carried you into the bathroom

Your butt burned as he set you on the counter, and Spencer softly apologized and kissed your forehead. He went about pouring a familiar bottle of vanilla bubble bath into the tub as he filled it with hot water.

He kept one hand on your thigh as he watched the bubbles rise, absentmindedly smoothing his palm over your bruised skin. When he was satisfied with the temperature, he moved to his knees in front of you and pressed his lips to your shins.

Rubbing one of your feet and kissing his way up some of the only non-red skin you had, he looked up at you with wide, openly honest eyes.

"Are you okay?" he asked softly.

You reached out and fluffed his messy hair, smiling down at him, "Of course, handsome, why wouldn't I be?"

Spencer shrugged, but he bit down on his bottom lip before speaking like he always did when he was nervous, "It was a rough scene, and we didn't talk it out beforehand."

"I trust you, Spencer," you told him gently, "you know that."

Spencer flashed you a relieved smile, then moved on to your other foot. He massaged his thumbs into your arch and made you moan happily, "Sometimes I just need to hear it outside of the bedroom."

You reached out and cupped his jaw, tugging gently until he stood and wrapped his arms around you. You threaded your fingers in his hair and leaned your forehead against his, "I trust you, Spencer Reid, and that means more to me than love."

His brows raised, and his sweet hazels were so soft as he watched you, "It does?"

"You can love anyone," you murmured quietly. You couldn't help but think back to the one man you'd loved but didn't trust, Tulip's birth father.

You loved him, and he hurt you. You loved Charlie, and he was the first man to show you what true trust felt like. Spencer was the only other person you'd given this to with every fiber of your being.

"And as much as I love you, and trust me, it's a lot," you told him firmly, "there's nobody I trust more with my body, my mind, and my heart."

Spencer gave you a watery grin, sniffling before he pressed a soft kiss to your lips. "I feel the same way. I've never felt this way about anyone before, and I've never given this much of myself to someone."

He didn't let you reply, simply picked you up and carried you over to the tub and settled you on his hip. You hissed as your sore skin hit the hot water, and Spencer murmured an apology into your temple as he held you close.