1.

charlotte's pov

"mom why?" i sighed as i wrapped her arm up lightly.

"i can't control it char. i tried, i just can't. it makes me feel complete." she spoke with no emotion.

"you could die doing this though." i whispered.

"that wouldn't be that bad." she muttered.

"it would mom! what about me?" i spoke firmly.

"you'd be fine. you're strong like your father." she spoke simply.

i sighed and shook my head. it was useless arguing with her. she wasn't going to ever see my point of view.

my mom, bailey, was the definition of a train wreck, she's attempted suicide 3 times, self harms, and some days can't get out of bed.

there's been times where i've had to talk her down from the roof.

"there we go. all done." i whispered.

"you aren't going to make me make that stupid promise of yours right? to never do it again." she muttered.

i shook my head slowly and stood up.

"michael is coming over tonight, go get ready." she spoke firmly.

i nodded and quickly put all the bloody bandages and blades into the trashcan.

i quickly pulled on a black hoodie with black leggings and put on light makeup.

i walked outside of my room and saw mom dressed in a cute long sleeved blouse and black pants.

"wow! mom you look cute!" i smiled.

"thanks baby!" she smiled back.

her boyfriend michael was a orthopedic surgeon. he was super nice. i liked him, but he didn't know about mom's struggles.

i heard the doorbell ring and saw michael and three other men behind him.

"hey michael! who are they?" i asked with a tiny smile.

"hey love! this ashton calum and luke. they are my mates at the hospital! ashton is a psychologist, calum is a pediatrician, and luke is a cardiologist." he smiled.

"oh cool! right this way." i spoke as i led them into the other room.

"hey baby!" michael smiled as he ran towards mom.

"hey mickey!" she laughed.

they were cute.

"could i get anyone drinks?" i asked.

"nope we are good for now!" luke smiled.

"could you point me in the direction of the restroom?" ashton asked.

"walk straight and up the stairs and it's the first door on your left." mom smiled.

i smiled back and suddenly it hit me, the blood.

i visibly paled and started sweating, please don't notice.

we all sat down and started a movie and i saw ashton walk out of the bathroom and give me a look.

shit.

we finished the movie and mom told the boys she had to be up for work in the morning, which was true.

i quickly walked all of them out and quickly shut the door.

ashton's pov

"could i get charlotte's number if you have it?" i asked michael when we arrived home.

"sure? why?" michael asked.

"i found bloody bandages in the bathroom mate. i'm concerned." i spoke simply.

"oh wow. yeah, here's her number." he spoke as he visibly paled. "if she truly is, can you tell me?"

"of course mate." i spoke softly as i typed in her number.

charlotte's pov

i sat down on my bed feeling like absolute shit. how could i forget about the stupid bandages.

all of a sudden i felt my phone ding.

unknown number: hey it's ashton. michael gave me your number. i saw bandages in the bathroom and just wanted to make sure everything was okay.

i stared at the phone blankly. how was i supposed to respond. if i told them it was mom, they would separate us, but if i told them it was me i could be committed.

me: oh hey ashton! oh yeah, i should have explained sooner, but i accidentally cut my arm helping my mom with the fruit

ashton: you sure?

me: of course!

ashton: okay. i'll swing by with one of the boys who are free to come check it out:) see you then!

me: you don't have too.

ashton: i want too.

i'm totally absolutely fucked.