26.

we left the next morning to go visit mom. ashton and luke had to work, but calum and michael had the day off.

calum started as the driver once again because he got super car sick.

i didn't care who was driving, i was just excited to see mom.

michael took over after a couple hours.

we were driving listening to music when all of a sudden lights flashed behind us.

we were getting pulled over.

"shit." michael muttered as he pulled over and turned the car off.

"do me a favor and grab the registration in the middle section." michael grumbled as he grabbed his license.

calum woke up and saw the flashing lights behind us and immediately sat up.

the officer came up to my side of the window and i cracked the door open.

"hello?" i stuttered nervously.

i wasn't used to being pulled over.

"do you know why we pulled you over?" the officer asked as he looked at michael.

"no clue what so ever." michael replied stiffly.

"you were speeding." the officer replied.

"what speed was i going?" michael asked.

"don't argue with me." the officer grumbled.

"how am i arguing with you by asking a question?" michael spoke back firmly.

"you were going 5 over. can i have your license and registration?" the officer spoke firmly back.

michael sighed and handed him the registration and license.

"are you seriously getting a ticket for going 5 over?" i mumbled as the cop walked away.

"ridiculous." calum agreed as he sat back.

the cop came back 10 minutes later. "here's your ticket if you want to protest it, i'll see you in court." he spoke rudely before walking off.

as soon as the cop was out of ear reach michael muttered, "i've had too much of the court to want to go back over a 5 over ticket."

we all nodded in agreement and continued our drive.

we stopped at the same hospital as last time and i got my own room while michael and calum shared.

i took a shower and laid down in bed. the bed was rock hard.

i put in music and slowly drifted off to sleep. i hope mom was doing better and is maybe happy to see me.

i slept until about 4 am. i got dressed and put on a bit of makeup before heading downstairs and sitting at a table.

i was exhausted, but was too nervous to sleep anymore.

i sat down there until breakfast started at 6 and got myself an apple and peanut butter. a personal favorite.

michael came walking down around 7 am and saw me sitting there already.

"what time did you get up?" he asked as he sat in front of me.

"4." i muttered.

"woah, and you're not tired?" he asked in amazement.

"i'm exhausted, but couldn't fall back asleep because of the nerves." i whispered.

calum came walking down 30 minutes later and sat down looking dead.

"i'm going to head to the restroom then we can go." michael smiled before walking off.

"don't take this the wrong way and please just reply with a yes or no, but could i get a xanax?" i asked softly.

just like i feared, that last word completely caught calum's attention.

"absolutely not. have you ever taken xanax before? do you have a prescription?" he asked firmly.

"nevermind just forget about it." i sighed as i put my head onto my hands.

michael came walking back.

"we'll talk about this later." calum mumbled before he changed his expression into a smile.

"let's get going!" michael spoke enthusiastically.

we got situated in the car and i looked over at michael, "are you nervous?"

"of course i am, but i love your mother through thick and thin so i'll be okay." michael smiled.

"are you nervous?" he asked back.

"very." i replied swiftly.

calum gave me a look from the rear view mirror.

we arrived at the ward and quickly ran inside to be met by dr. marley.

"hello!! bailey is super excited to see all of you, michael could i have a word?" she spoke with a smile.

i immediately felt my heart drop.

"don't worry honey, it's good news. the nurse will take you and, i'm sorry i don't know your name back." dr. marley smiled reassuringly.

i nodded and followed calum back inside the ward to go see mom.