2.

i walked into the bathroom after mom was asleep and grabbed one of her blades and sighed. i didn't want this to become a thing.

i wasn't like her. or was i? i was trying to cover up for her by actually cutting myself.

TRIGGER WARNING

i grabbed the blade and pushed down really deep and dragged it across my arm.

i hissed in pain and blood started to drip from my arm. shit.. too deep.

i quickly flushed the blade down the toilet and grabbed gauze and wrapped my arm up. i walked back to my room and prayed they would understand.

END OF TRIGGER WARNING

i woke up the next morning and looked down at my arm. i saw blood spotting through the gauze. i quickly ran to the bathroom and unwrapped it. it was really deep and still bleeding.

mom walked in and freaked out, "holy shit char what happened?" she spoke.

"ashton saw the bandages mom. i made up and excuse about how i cut myself during dinner prep and he believed me, but now he's coming over to check on it." i spoke quickly.

"why would you do that char?" she asked.

"if i didn't you would be taken from me." i spoke simply.

i heard the doorbell ring and quickly finished wrapping my arm before running downstairs.

i opened the door to see all of the boys standing there.

"i thought you said only one of the boys was coming?" i said.

"well, turns out we all had the day off." ashton laughed lightly.

i let them inside and mom ran downstairs.

"hey! what's everyone doing here?" she asked nervously.

"ms. charlotte here told me she cut her arm so i originally planned to come down with calum but turns out we all had the day off." ashton smiled.

"let's take a look at that arm pretty girl." calum spoke lightly.

"before i show you, i have a question. is it bad that this happened like mid afternoon and is still bleeding like right now." i mumbled.

"that's certainly alarming." michael spoke.

"let me see." calum spoke calmly.

i quickly walked over to the kitchen over the sink. i saw all of the boys surround me.

i rolled up my sleeve slowly and took the gauze off and immediately blood started running down my arm. i quickly grabbed the cut with my own hand to stop the bleeding.

"see not that bad." i mumbled.

"that's really bad char." luke spoke softly.

"take your hand off." calum instructed.

i took my hand off slowly and calum began examining it.

"this definitely needs stitches." calum mumbled.

"how did this happen again?" michael asked.

"just a kitchen accident." i spoke.

i looked over and saw mom as pale as a ghost.

"shit." i muttered as i tore my arm away from calum and ran to catch her.

i caught her, but she landed right on the cut and i yelped in pain.

"woah what the hell char why did you do that?" calum spoke as he rushed towards me.

"leave please. just get out please." i spoke with tears in my eyes as i quickly propped mom up in my arms.

"char w- "if you won't leave then just give me 5
minutes and wait out in the living room." i spoke calmly.

they all slowly backed away and i dragged mom to the guest room on the other side of the house. i placed a glass of water by her and shut the door.

i walked back into the living room and stood there.

"is your bailey okay?" michael asked motioning to my mom.

"she's fine. blood makes her nauseous." i sighed.

"let me take a look at that arm again pretty girl." calum spoke softly as he grabbed my arm.

he examined it for a few minutes before he spoke up, "this doesn't look like a knife cut babe. so how about you tell us the truth this time."