One

Before reading!
Years of birth:
• Y/N- 1999
• Jieun- 1999
• Hana- 2000
• Chaewon- 1998
• Yerim- 1998

-

Being a trainee wasn't easy, due to the strict rules you had to follow. Strict diets, endless hours of training and being constantly under the eye of the staff were things you had gotten used to. You had passed an audition and ended up becoming a trainee at SM Entertainment. It had been 3 years since you were one of the lucky people to get in the company. Everyone around you looked up to you. Everyone thought you would be part of the debut group. That was until you were told you had to leave.

Being told you had to leave a company you've been training at for so many months, days, hours, minutes, broke your heart. You had always pushed yourself past your limits, giving everything you had. You had always been one of the few trainees the staff had always praised so you couldn't understand why this had happened. It didn't make sense.

A couple months later you found out why. You were actually part of the debut group but they had decided not to debut you as you didn't fit in the concept they were going to debut the group.

However, you still kept trying out for other companies. The first one was Hybe but you didn't make it until the last round. Then you tried out for Starship but the same thing as Hybe happened.

"If I don't make it this time, I'll focus on my studies" You mumbled to yourself as you sent in your application to JYP Entertainment.

A couple of weeks later, you got an email from the company saying you had made it to the second round of auditions.

-

"Congratulations girls, you're all going to debut" JYP said with a huge smile on his face. It was clear he was happy for the five of you. Chaewon, Hana, Jieun, Yerim and you were finally going to accomplish your dreams.

"What's our group name going to be, PD-Nim?" Hana asked the man, who chuckles before answering the girl.

"From now on, the five of you will be known as GEM and your slogan will be 'Shining brightly, hello we are GEM!' "

You all smiled and hugged each other.

"We finally did it.." You heard Chaewon whisper.

"As much as I'd love to let you girls celebrate, you have songs to practice both in singing and dancing, so time to get to work" JYP spoke, walking out your dorm.

"He's right, let's go to the recording studio and start practicing our singing" Yerim said and all of you nodded.

Once you got to the studio, the five of you immediately apologized to two boys who were there.

"Oh my gosh, we're so sorry, we didn't know you guys would be here" Jieun said before any of you could say anything. She would be your future leader after all.

"It's alright, don't worry~" One of the males said, taking his headphones off and turning around to face the five of you.

"We were just about to leave" Said the other male, walking out of the recording booth.

That's when you finally realized who you had just interrupted. Bang Chan and Kim Seungmin from Stray Kids.

"The studio is all yours now" The youngest said with a smile.

"Thank you sunbaenims~" You said.

"Hold on, why're the five of you here? Are you perhaps the new girl group PD-Nim is planning to debut?" Chan asked.

"Let's say our slogan" Jieun mumbled before speaking out loud. "1, 2..."

"Shining brightly, hello we are GEM!" The five of you said in one voice as you bowed to the males.