Two

A week had now passed and the music video had been released. This meant the promotions had started.

Your debut performance was on Inkigayo. You didn't get a black ocean, like you and Hana had thought. Instead, lots of people were cheering for you. Your debut was extremely successful, way more than you could even think was possible. The music video got a hundred million views during the week. K-Netizens praised every member, which was extremely rare to happen. Members from other groups also praised you and the girls.

"Don't let those comments get to you, Yerim" Jieun said, running her hand up and down the girl's back. "They're just jealous of you"

Yes, the debut was successful. Getting so many views so quickly made you get many fans but also many haters. And their extremely mean comments were starting to get to Yerim. The poor girl had started crying in the middle of practice.

"But... they're so mean..." She said sobbing.

"Unnie, I know it'll be hard, and trust me when I say those kind of comments will affect all of us in different ways, but we'll have to go through it. And we'll always be here supporting each other, no matter what happens, okay?" Hana said, once again shocking the girls by using honorifics. Yerim smiled at the girl, wiping her own tears.

"Plus, we'll always defend each other in all sorts of things" Hana added before getting a hug from Yerim.

"I love you guys. I'm so lucky to work with girls like the four of you" Yerim said, smiling.

-

"And we're here" Your manager announced as you got the concert venue. After the promotions, you had a national tour scheduled. You would be doing fanmeets and performing. Meeting your fans for the first time seemed scary to you. Not because you would actually see who's supporting you but because of what sort of fans you had. Would they be nice? Would they be mean? Would they be sasaengs? Would anyone even have you as their bias? You would be okay if no one had you as their bias as long as they at least showed you some respect.

Jieun was the first to get out of the car, followed by Hana, you, Yerim and Chaewon. As soon as you stepped out, flashes started blinding you. Journalists and photographers were waiting for you. You knew you would probably have some waiting but not so many. The five of you posed, letting the photographers take a couple pictures. The journalists kept on asking questions, most of them being questions that could easily put any of you in trouble and get bashed with hate, so all of you decided not to answer any questions at all. Once the photographers had taken enough photos, you went to the fanmeet and concert stage, hearing excited screams when you stepped on it.  Some staff members handed you mics, one for each one of you.

"Shining brightly, hello we are GEM!" The five of you said your slogan excitedly as the fans screamed louder than they were already screaming before. Having so many people cheering for you almost made you tear up. You never thought you would ever have so many fans. There were some people holding up banners with your slogan, others had your names and others even had your pictures on them. Seeing them made Chaewon giggle, loving the attention her group was getting.

You all got in your positions as the performance was about to start. You couldn't help but look at the crowd in front of you one last time. That was when you locked eyes with someone. Those eyes seemed recognizable to you. Those were Chan's eyes. Stray Kids' Chan was attending your first show of the tour. You thought maybe he was just passing by and decided to come watch but then you remembered that for him to be there, he had to pay, unless a staff member had given him a ticket or he had actually paid for one. He wouldn't pay for a ticket, would he? Why would he even be there? Maybe he just wanted to watch his company's new group's performance. Millions of thoughts ran through your head. Having another idol watching you in the crowd of fans made you feel extremely nervous. But even if you were way more nervous now than you were just a second ago, you still gave the fans an excellent performance. They all sang along with the five of you and screamed every time one of you sang. They loved each of you equally. This made you really happy. Knowing that none of you was being liked more than the other was an amazing feeling.