ACT II - Eagles High/Griffins Low

Week 1, day 2 of WWIV, 3 Days After Operation Ocean Sun

Outskirts of Orlando, FL, JSF Outpost-Haven, 0900. TF Vagrant Dormitory

Third Person P.O.V.

Celia wakes up on a small medical bed with Isabella sitting in the chair next to her. She is wearing a white hospital gown while her arm is plugged into a machine. 

Isabella: "Morning Celia!"

Celia: "Ah, Isabella! I'd thought I'd never finish repairing. Wait, this room... It isn't like when I went into repair mode, where are we?"

Isabella: "The commander ordered us on the ospreys and went ahead of The Discovery to our intended destination. We are now in an Airforce base State of Florida, inside of one of the green zones. Once you are back in gear we'll be heading to our actual base."

Celia: "So this isn't our base? Where is it then?"

Isabella: "Our base is on the outskirts of the White and Green zones 3 clicks south from here. Designated as Op Base Haven. It's a small base but it's all that we can manage with our extremely low soldier and HQ count."

Celia slowly gets up and disconnects the wiring on her arm.

Celia: "Ok... I'm getting the situation. Where's the commander? And what about the rest of the Squads?"

Isabella: "Since Task Force Vagrant is only 36 members strong and only 3 command staff, we have to split into different duties. From Base Security to Settlement patrols, with the addition to investigating the Kennedy Space Center too. The downside of our current situation is that we don't have much in regards to manpower. So our operational capacity is scarce."

Celia: "Eh? If we are supplied by the JSF, why are we getting little to nothing for our operations?"

Isabella: "Not many wants to assist in chasing 'ghost' as they called it. All people focused on is winning the war. That being said, come on. Get your gear on, we need to ride back to base."

Celia nodded and quickly changed into her combat gear. She didn't have her guns on hand, so she had to continue without them. After walking past doctors, soldiers and logistics personnel, the two make it outside and met with the girls from Reaper 1-1 & Blackjack 2-1, mounted up on two vehicles. They mount up into the vehicle without a mounted gun and pull off to their new base of operations.

(Been playing some Arma 3 for some inspiration

(Been playing some Arma 3 for some inspiration. Saw this and I was like... "Noice.")

Outskirts of Orlando, FL, JSF Outpost-Haven, 0930. TF Vagrant Base of Operations

As Vagrant takes a long drive on the highways, they pass by a few armored vehicles and cargo trucks. Helicopters flying overhead and airplanes taking off and departing from the Airforce base they left from. Driving for a few more miles, they now take an exit off of the highway and start to go down a road surrounded by open plains. After a few more minutes, they arrive at a checkpoint, and the ones there is the 4th Squad of Vagrant troops occupying it.