Chapter 9

Angel heard his alarm going off, but he was too warm and cozy to get up. He didn't want to. Besides, it was his off day, right? Why should he get up at all? He must have forgotten to turn off the alarm the night before. He tried desperately to ignore it, to go back to the pleasant dream he'd been having, but it was no use. The thing was obnoxious, even if it wasn't loud. Groaning, he rolled onto his back and snatched up the device, squinting sleepily at the screen before swiping the off option. Dropping the device back onto the night stand, he rolled back over to try and find the same plushness that he'd had before. Wrapping his arms back around the warm, soft thing he'd been cuddling before, Angel snuggled close to whatever it was and sighed in his comfort. It did take him an embarrassing amount of time to remember that he didn't have anything this fluffy or warm in his possession. The thought bugged him until he couldn't take it anymore and opened his eyes. Before him, he saw only black and white, which confused his still fairly sleep filled brain until he looked up.

Was it okay if his heart stopped while he was already dead? That couldn't kill him, right? Good thing too, because laying eyes on Husker's sleeping face would have killed him in life, he just new it. The peaceful expression was so relaxed and Angel couldn't remember seeing the man so at ease. Not wanting to wake him, he simply sat and watched Husker sleep, remembering the night before. The feline had held him as he cried and told him over and over again that he was perfect just the way he was. That he was more than fine as long as he was happy with himself, and he didn't need to change for anyone else's love. The last thing he remembered was them getting more comfortable on the bed and Husker simply wrapping his arms around him before everything went black.

Angel felt his face grow hot at the memory and bit his lip. Why did such a simple thing make his heart beat faster than a hummingbird's wings? He'd done unspeakable things in beds with strangers, and yet just sitting her with Husker was getting to him. And it wasn't just getting to his heart either. When he realized the itch that told him to get closer was present, that he had a desire to start running his hands all over the cat to feel how soft he was, or to play with his wings, he carefully pulled out of the grasp and ran to the bathroom. Leaning his back against the bathroom door, he tried to slow the pounding of his heart. 'Fuck, what am I, a school girl with a crush? Snap out of it Angel, it didn't mean anything anyways.' At least, it didn't mean anything for Husker, he knew that. Moving to the sink, he splashed some water on his face to try and calm down before starting to get ready for the day. Meanwhile, all he could think about was the cat in the other room. How would Husker react when he woke and found Angel in the bathroom instead of in his arms? Would he even care? Would he even be there still when he left the bathroom? He was almost terrified to find out.

Taking his time to get ready, he tried to convince himself that everything would be fine. Hell, Husker probably wasn't even awake yet, so it couldn't be that bad, right? Cracking the door open, he peered out and looked straight to the bed. His shoulders slumped as he found the place empty. 'I guess I shouldn't have expected anything.' Moving to his closet, he didn't pay attention to anything around him, just his own thoughts.

"Angel." He thought he heard his name, but shook the feeling off as he grabbed a change of clothes and began stripping. "Angel." There it was again. By the time he'd gotten the pajamas he'd worn to bed off, the voice became louder and it all sank in. "Angel!" Turning, he found Husker laying on the floor with Fat Nuggets sitting on his stomach. His brain stopped working, he was sure of it and he simply blinked at the feline before turning his back to the other man and dropping to a squat. Reaching into the closet, he grabbed anything he could touch and quickly pulled it on, resulting in an odd outfit he'd never worn, but wasn't too terribly mad at. The baby blue tank top paired with a long and flowy brown skirt was casual but comfortable. Most importantly, it was clothing that covered him up.