[Y/n] Backstory

[Y/n] Boucher is the daughter of a rich businessman. [Y/n] is able to live a prosperous life thanks to the love of her parents. She received a good education, was pampered, and was free to pursue her passions. [Y/n] grew up and became a romance writer.

[Y/n] enjoy the things that are arranged for herself, and think that living according to the role that has been arranged for her is extremely happy. Until when she fell in love with the painter who lived in the opposite neighborhood. They made a vow to be together forever. However, their love was not approved by [Y/n]'s parents, as her father didn't like a poor painter.
Later, [Y/n]'s father married her to the town's famous inventor, Alvar Lorentz, who was also [Y/n]'s childhood friend.

[Y/n] doesn't want to marry someone she doesn't love. Because she couldn't convince her parents, she tried to convince Alvar.

"Alvar, I fell in love with another man, so I can't be your wife. I value our friendship, and I don't want to change anything. Please talk to my parents again and withdraw your marriage proposal."
"It's okay, we still have plenty of time. I believe that one day you will understand my sincerity. [Y/n], I love you so much that I can't even imagine. For you, I am willing to wait."

No matter how hard [Y/n] tries to beg, Alvar is determined to marry her.

In the end, [Y/n] still had to marry Alvar. Rumor has it that the relationship between the couple is very close, because almost every night the servants hear noises coming from the master's room.

Three years later, Alvar Lorentz died in a laboratory explosion, and his wife suffered a serious eye injury. Since then, Lady Lorentz has always been seen wearing a black chiffon that covers half of her face.

Not long after, she disappeared.

Excerpt from a page of Alvar's diary:
After we got married, [Y/n] rarely spoke to me. She usually spends most of her time in the library or in the garden. She has also stopped writing romance novels, saying that she has lost her inspiration.
We used to be very happy when we were kids. Now, she always ignores me. No matter what I do, [Y/n] won't smile at me. She often cries a lot at night.
Her gaze is always directed somewhere far away. I know she's not homesick. The fact that she always thinks of another man even when she is with me makes me angry. [Y/n] refused to tell me who he was, she even hit me for asking.

Excerpt from a page of Alvar's diary:
[Y/n] says she likes Luca because he reminds her of me as a child. I used to think that was adorable. But even after he betrayed me, she was still sneaking around with him, even more often than before.
A colleague of mine told me he saw my wife sneak into Luca's lab when the boy was alone there. He also heard very suggestive sounds coming from inside.
Although [Y/n] denied it, judging from her expression, one could tell that she was lying.
I don't want to force my wife to do something she doesn't want to. However, if I find out that [Y/n] is having an affair, I will have my own punishment for her.

Excerpt from a page of [Y/n]'s diary:
Everyone thought I had the marriage of my dreams. A devoted husband who always cares about his wife ? Hahaha, that's the last thing I would use to describe him.

Excerpt from a page of [Y/n]'s diary:
I learned about Luca Balsa's family background, and his hatred for his father. I secretly leaked information about the previous relationship between my husband and Balsa's father. It's not difficult to create conflicts between teacher and student.

Excerpt from a page of [Y/n]'s diary:
This is terrible. I never wanted this to happen. It's true that I don't love Alvar, but that doesn't mean I want him dead.
I thought if I let Alvar believe I was having an affair, he would file for divorce and let me go. I didn't expect him to attack Balsa. I have never seen Alvar use violence. I was wrong to think that he was just a sheep.
The accident caused the laboratory to explode. Only me and Balsa managed to escape. Alvar died in the fire, Balsa suffered irreversible brain damage and was jailed for murder, while I have a severe eye injury and can't look at the light directly.

Excerpt from a page of [Y/n]'s diary:
When I came back, the person I loved was married to another woman. My parents want to find me a new marriage, but no one wants to marry a woman who has been married once.
A large sum of money to compensate for the death of my ex-husband was sent to me. It calmed my parents' anger.
At that moment, I realized where I went wrong.
My parents' love for me is not unconditional. I made the mistake of thinking that I was different from the girls out there, having to marry a rich man so that their parents could be provided for.
After all, I'm just a doll to all of them, nothing more, nothing less.

Losing love, losing sight of light, losing inspiration. [Y/n] fell into despair. She wanted to fix her eyes, thinking that it will also help her regain her inspiration, but no doctor was able to do so.

An invitation to the Oletus manor, with the promise of a cure for [Y/n]'s eyes, arrives. [Y/n] Boucher immediately disappeared after receiving the letter.