Special 1: Luca's memories

Luca POV

It was a normal day like any other. I went to the lab, talked a little bit with my teacher, and got to work. The teacher gave me the task to make a new mainboard, because the old one exploded. The motherboard of this machine is complicated, but it intrigues me even more.
I like to challenge my abilities. I want to see how far I can go.

Alva: Luca, I have to go out on business. If Jocelyn does come, tell him I'll be back by six o'clock.
Luca: Okay, teacher. Have a safe trip.

After he left the lab, I continued to focus on fixing the main board. I don't notice how much time has passed. It wasn't until I heard my stomach growl with hunger that I realized it was 12pm.

Luca: Oh, I haven't had lunch yet. But I still haven't found the hard drive....Maybe I'll eat it later.

Food is vanity, work is everything.
At that moment, I heard a knock on the door. I opened the door and found Lady Lorentz. She wears a fairly simple dress, no jewelry, in her hand is a basket of food.

[Y/n]: Good afternoon, Luca. Is Alva here?
Luca: Good afternoon, Lady Lorentz. The teacher has gone out on business, he will be back around 6 o'clock.
[Y/n]: What ? But...I made him lunch.

She looks sad. I wanted to do something to comfort her. But before I could speak, the madam's expression immediately changed. She smiled brightly at me.

[Y/n]: By the way, Luca, have you had lunch yet ?
Luca: Oh, me ? I haven't, I'm still working.
[Y/n]: Oh dear, skipping lunch isn't good. I know this experiment is important to you, but you still have to put your health first. Since Alva isn't here, can you help me finish all this food ?
Luca: Madam, I can't do that. You put so much effort into making these for teacher, how could I...
[Y/n]: But...these dishes can't wait until evening. I also don't want to eat alone.

She looked even sadder than before. To make her happy again, I agreed to eat with her. Moreover, free food is always delicious. Contrary to the rigid image commonly seen in the parties of the upper class, lady Lorentz was a very friendly and talkative person. Although we don't have much in common, she always knows how to create topics for us to talk about. I enjoy spending time with her.

After we finished our lunch, I showed her my current invention. Lady Lorentz has no interest in technology, but she still listens to everything I say and asks a lot of things.

[Y/n]: You have the potential to be a genius inventor, Mr. Balsa.
Luca: Madam, you flatter me too much.
[Y/n]: I'm being honest. You have so much potential, you might even surpass your teacher. I have faith in you.
Luca: Oh, if...if you say so...

I blush a little bit. The lady laughed, then gently patted my head.
She has a very beautiful smile. Now I understand why the teacher loves her so much.

[Y/n]: Oh my, look at the time. I've been here too long. I'll take my leave now so you can get on with your work.
Luca: I don't mind at all. The madam can stay a little longer if she wishes.
[Y/n]: Thank you for your hospitality, but I shouldn't be back too late, or else there will be bad rumors. If possible, I hope we can see each other more. Talking to you makes me very happy.
Luca: I feel the same way, madam. Let me escort you to the carriage.

Before leaving, Lady Lorentz didn't forget to remind me to keep today meeting a secret. She wanted to surprise her husband another time.

Now that I think about it, Lady Lorentz seems very unlucky. She wanted to surprise her husband, but every time she brought food, it happened to be the day he was away, so they never had a chance to eat together.

Should I help them make an appointment ?