11. Forgiveness

[Y/n] POV

When I woke up, I smelled a strange scent.

No, on a second thought, this scent is a bit familiar. It smells like oil and metal, it's like the horrible smell in my husband's office.

Ugh, what a nightmare.

Wait...

My room never had that kind of smell !!!

I immediately sat up. This isn't my room. The design is a bit similar to my bedroom so I was confused.

Alva: You're awake.

That startled me.

Alva was sitting on the chair next to the bed.

Seeing him in this position, I have a feeling of deja vu. Some distant memories came to mind.

It's when I was still madam Lorentz...

My body is quite weak, so I get sick easily. During a severe illness, I was bedridden for several days. And when I woke up, I saw Alva sleeping soundly on the chair next to my bed.

I was momentarily moved by that prospect.

When I woke up again, Alva was no longer there. I wonder if it was just a dream, or Alva was really by my side taking care of me.

[Y/n]: Alva...
Alva: You're in my room. You fainted, remember ?
[Y/n]: I...fainted...?

I don't remember exactly what happened. Why did I faint ?

Alva turned the book in his hand upside down so as not to lose track of the page he was reading. He reached out and poured a glass of water, then handed it to me.

Alva: Drink it. Your voice is hoarse.

I unconsciously took the glass and drank it.

The atmosphere between the two became very awkward.

I could feel Alva's gaze fixed on me. Meanwhile, I didn't know what to say, nor did I dare to look at him.

I wonder if we were seen when he brought me here. That can cause rumours.

My friends will probably bring up that rumor to tease me. I'm fine with that, but Luca...

Alva: About what happen...

Alva was the first to break the silence.

He looked away, while one hand reached back to scratch his head.

Alva: What made you change your mind ?

Should I say I learned a lesson from watching my friends argue ?

Alva was originally a good talker. For some reason, he now looks like he's having a hard time choosing his words.

Like a 10 year old boy trying to explain after doing something wrong.

Alva: Back in the garden...you were sure that you would never forgive me. So why change your mind ?
[Y/n]: ....
Alva: Did something happen ?

At times like these, it's better not to lie. Because the lies you come up with are easy to see through.

[Y/n]: My friend argued...

One of Alva's eyebrows rose slightly. His expression seemed to say "what ?"

[Y/n]: It may sound hard to believe, but...when I know what caused them to fight, I feel it's quite similar to our case.