8. Downfalls

Third Person POV

After discussing with Tracy about swapping matches, [Y/n] went down to the kitchen to make two glasses of lemonade and brought it up to her room.

[Y/n]: Luca, would you like some lemonade ?

She froze when she saw Luca reading her diary. Out of panic, [Y/n] dropped the lemonade on the floor. She quickly ran over and snatched the diary from Luca's hand.

[Y/n]: WHY ARE YOU READING MY DIARY !?

[Y/n] hugged the diary tightly in her lap, feeling anxious. She wondered how far Luca had read. Luca was still a bit stunned by the information he had just received. He was silent for a few seconds.

[Y/n]: Luc...Luca...?
Luca: I've always felt something very familiar about you. You're probably glad I don't remember anything, aren't you, lady Lorentz ?

Luca glared at her. [Y/n]'s face turned pale. Luca stood up and slowly walked towards [Y/n]

Luca: So, why did you approach me this time ? You got what you wanted, why are you still trying to be friendly with me ? What more do you want from me ?
[Y/n]: Luca, it was back then. I don't want anything from you. I just want to be friends...
Luca: Ha ! Friends ? Don't f*ck with me ! You called me "a pawn" in that diary. You seem to have been very happy to have led me by the nose.
[Y/n]: No...that's not true ! I was being...I...
Luca: What are you thinking right now ? Another lie ?

[Y/n] backed away in fear, not noticing the broken glass on the floor. Before she stepped on them, Luca rushed to grab her arm, pulling her towards him. Luca pushed [Y/n] onto her bed.

Luca: Don't ever come near me or talk to me again.

Luca just turned his back to leave,
[Y/n] hastily grabbed his shirt.

[Y/n]: LUCA, WAIT !

She burst into tears

[Y/n]: I...I'm sorry ! I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I was wrong to write about you like that, and the explosion at the lab wasn't my fault, I really didn't expect it. I didn't mean to hurt you or put you in jail.
Luca: That's what you're apologizing for ?
[Y/n]: What...?
Luca: You think that's what makes me angry ?
[Y/n]: If not...then...why are you angry ?
Luca: You really don't know, or are you just pretending not to know ?

Luca grabbed her wrist, bending down so that his face was close to hers. From the reader's perspective, this scene looks very romantic. But from [Y/n]'s perspective, Luca looked terrifying.

Luca: You used me.

Luca gripped [Y/n]'s hand so tightly that she felt like he wanted to crush it.

Luca: You used me to get rid of the person you hate without getting your hands dirty. You should have stopped when Lorentz's reputation was ruined, but you got me involved. I lost my passionate invention, I was sent to prison and lost my memory because of you. Did you have fun tricking me, lady Lorentz ?
[Y/n]: No...no, I was...
Luca: Hopeless ? Open your eyes and take a good look at yourself. Don't use your pitiful to deny your sins.

If Luca hadn't mentioned it, [Y/n] would never have remembered what happened to her. [Y/n] was constantly troubled by what she did. Although it wasn't intentional, she did indirectly killed Alva and ruined Luca's future. She was scared and tried to deny it. After a long time trying to convince herself, she truly believed that it wasn't her fault and blamed it all on Alva. Now that she remembered everything, the guilt rose again. Luca let go of her hand and left. [Y/n] was shocked and fell to the floor. She lowered her head and covered her mouth with her hands to stop the crying. Tears kept rolling down her cheeks.