24

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
.* SO ROMANTIC ✧.*

Juliette chugged at least three more margaritas, out of the corner of her eye, she watched Shayla pack her things up, Nicole and Gigi following behind her.

Belly came stumbling into the backyard, furrowing her brows as she watched the girls leave in a hurry, "Stay, you guys."

The three turned around, Nicole being the one who spoke up, "Uh, Shayla doesn't feel good. I think we had a little too much."

"Oh... O-Okay, yeah. Well, I'm... I mean, I still feel... I feel gr... great." Belly slurred with a chuckle, "You know what? Let's do this again tomorrow. Let's do it again tomorrow."

Juliette rocked back and forth slightly, feeling the absent presence of Charlie, she looked up as he whispered something in Cams ear.

Cameron leaned forwards, tapping Belly's shoulder gently to grasp her attention, "We're actually gonna take off, too. I just think we can catch up when you're a little less..."

Juliette nodded, lifting to hand as she waved to Charlie, the boy flashing her a smile, she grabbed two more margaritas, walking down the deck as she heard the showers running, she snorted as she called out, "Oh, sea creature... Where are you?"

She could hear his chuckle over the running water as she approached the outdoor shower, she disappeared off to find him as he passed her, his top half covered with mud.

"Uh, I'm in the shower." Conrad rejoiced, shaking his head as he cleaned the mud from Jeremiah off his chest.

Juliette gulped as she stepped in front of the open shower, his back turned to her, "Everybody left. But we still got margaritas to drink."

"Okay, well, I can't drink it in the shower. Can you just put it down and I'll get it after?" Conrad beamed, flipping around as he faced her, his eyes flicking down to the drinks she clutched, "Can I shower?"

She nodded shyly, admiring his side profile as his soaked hair slung over his eyes in the slightest bit, the words left her mouth before she could stop them, "I've always liked you with wet hair. It's so... romantic."

Conrad laughed softly, his bright teeth showing as he stared at her, "What's so romantic about wet hair?"

Juliette exhaled, taking a sip from her own drink as he placed Conrad's on the floor, "You just don't get it. "

"How many of those have you had?" Conrad asked, scoffing playfully.

"Two, five. It's..." She trailed off, chuckling, her curiosity getting the best of her, "Let me just ask you one thing, okay? Did you buy me that infinity necklace for my birthday?"

Conrad just laughed, his laughter giving her, her answer.

She gawked at him, grinning like a little kid as she pointed at him, "I knew it. I knew I was right."

"Can I please..." Conrad shook his head shyly, "Can you give me some privacy, please?"

"I knew it. I knew it." She mumbled as she walked off, not bothering to close the back doors as she hurried into the colder house.

Laurels eyes fell on the drink in her hand, drawing her brows together, "Who said you could have a margarita?"

Belly walking in, a drink in her hand as well.

"Cake time." Susannah sang out, the colorful cake perched up on an old glass stand, walking out towards the table.

A clumsy Belly followed out behind her, to excited to watch her steps, "Ooh, I want the piece with the strawberries!"

The brunette tumbled forwards, tripping on a step as she pushed Susannah down, the dessert smashing on the concert as well as the cake stand as it shattered.

Juliette got caught in between Belly's legs, catching herself before she could hit the ground her, a groan leaving her mouth as her palms scrapped against the floor.

Liam ran over, helping his daughter stand up as she brushed herself off, nodding as he checked on her.

Adam reached for Susannah, her swatting away from his touch, "Adam, I'm fine. I got it. I got it, stop it. God, just go away."

Belly pouted, immediately sobering up as both of her parents crowded around her with concern, "I-I'm sorry."

Laurel helped her daughter up, Belly being walked in by her dad as Susannah rushed inside followed by Laurel, leaving Adam, Victoria, Evan and Juliette in silence.

Victoria excused herself, along with Adam as they both went into the house.

"So, kiddo." Evan cleared his throat, the awkwardness showing, "How is Cousins this summer?"

"It's good, yeah." Juliette nodded simply, "It's always the same. Feels just like home."

Evan lifted the corners of his mouth, cleaning up the glass shards, "That's great, honey. What's up with Con though? I heard he quit football."

"Not sure." Juliette shrugged, the mention of the older boy made her shiver, "Um, I'm gonna go check on Belly. When are you leaving?"

"Now. I gotta get back to Boston." Evan stood, throwing the glass in the trash as he hugged his daughter tightly, "I'll be back for the debutante ball. She'll be there too."

Juliette didn't need to ask who she was, she already knew. She nodded, her throat going dry, "Thanks for coming. I'll see you soon, dad."