𝟭𝟭. 𝗟𝗼𝗼𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗜𝗻𝘁𝗼 𝗬𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗣𝗮𝘀𝘁

3rd Person POV:

ᴘʀɪɴᴄɪᴘᴀʟ'ꜱ ᴏꜰꜰɪᴄᴇ, ᴜ.ᴀ. ʜɪɢʜ

"Greetings, Mahou Murasaki," came the voice from within

"Who's this...?" Murasaki turned to Principal Nezu and asked.

"Remember when we told you we have a way to prove your innocence? Well, she's the perfect person for the job."

Murasaki's eyes widened as the door creaked open, revealing a woman who exuded quiet confidence. She was of average height, with sleek black hair tied back into a neat ponytail and a black futuristic pair of glasses which completely covered her eyes. Her presence was both calming and formidable, with an air of authority wrapped in a gentle demeanour.

"Murasaki, I'd like you to meet Makoto Tsukauchi," Principal Nezu introduced with a slight bow. "She is the sister of Detective Naomasa Tsukauchi, and she will be assisting us in proving your innocence."

Makoto stepped forward, offering a warm, yet firm handshake. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Murasaki. I've heard a lot about you."

Murasaki shifted uncomfortably under the woman's gaze, the interaction reminding her of the sceptics from the Hero Commission she interacted with months ago. She scoffed, looking at Makoto with a cold and guarded gaze.

"So, what are you gonna do? Keep questioning me until I give up trying to defend myself. If you think that's gonna happen, you're wrong."

Makoto's expression remained calm, her expression turning sympathetic. "I understand your frustration, Murasaki. It's natural to feel defensive after everything you've been through."

Murasaki crossed her arms, her eyes narrowing. "Oh, yeah? What's different this time?"

Makoto took a deep breath, her voice steady and reassuring. "I'm not here to accuse you or make you feel like you're on trial. I'm here to help. My quirk, 'Polygraph,' allows me to detect lies, but it's more than just a tool. It's a means to uncover the truth and give you a fair chance to tell your story without the constant doubt and suspicion."

Murasaki rolled her eyes. "Easier said than done. I'm sure those bastards at the hero commission will still not believe me even if I tell you the truth about everything like I have been the whole time."

Makoto's expression remained patient and understanding. "I know it's hard to believe, especially after everything you've been through. But I promise you, Murasaki, this time will be different. We're not just relying on words; we're using evidence and your genuine responses. The truth has a way of making itself known when given the proper chance."

There was a moment of silence as Murasaki considered Makoto's words. She could see the sincerity in the woman's eyes, the genuine desire to help. It was a stark contrast to the harsh interrogations she had endured before.

"Fine," Murasaki said finally, her voice softer but still cautious. "Let's get this over with. What do you need from me?"

Makoto nodded in understanding, speaking to the purple-haired girl in a firm yet empathetic tone. "I need you to meet me at my office for an hour every week."

Murasaki reluctantly nodded, her tone still guarded. "What is this? Some sort of therapy session?"

Makoto smiled gently, shaking her head. "Not exactly. Think of it more as a series of interviews where we can go over every detail of your story. Each session will help us build a comprehensive picture of what happened. The more we understand, the better we can prove your innocence."