𝐀 𝐋𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐁𝐢𝐭 𝐂𝐥𝗼𝐬𝐞𝐫

Upon Fireteam Eclipse's first few missions together, once the Earth wasn't in immediate danger, Sukia and Frost traveled far and wide away from the Last City in look for people who still need to be escorted out of the dangers of the world outside.

The two Hunters tracked down and found 35 people living in an underground bunker on the edge of the wilderness and close to a desert. It looked like they had lived there for a couple generations and they got very lucky Fireteam Eclipse showed up since the people were on the verge of starvation, unable to hunt with the spike in Fallen activity in the area. The group traveled during the day and rested at night, guarded by the watchful eyes of the Hunters.

On the third night on their travel to the Last City, the Hunters killed five elk and cooked it with their Solar Light. Once the families were fed and sleeping, Sukia was cleaning the elk blood off of her hands in a nearby stream when she caught Frost staring at her on the corner of his eye multiple times.

"Creepy bastard must have a death wish or something..." Sukia muttered to me as Frost quickly looked away again as soon as she caught him staring at her for about the tenth time.

I flew a little closer to my suspicious Guardian, my Dreamer's Shell glowing in the dark. "I don't know, Suki, maybe he just wants to talk?" I say with a sideways tilt of my shell.

"Talk? We're working together cause it benefits us, not becoming "besties", I honestly still don't like the stupid bastard..." Sukia grumbled as she gave her fingers a flick to get the water off before stand back up.

As soon as Sukia turned around to head back to the families, the pretty brunette stopped dead in her tracks when Frost appeared behind her seemingly as fast and quiet as a ghost. Wow. His steps are quieter than Sukia's!

Sukia on the other hand remained unimpressed as her green eyes narrowed aggressively and she grumbled unwelcomingly. "The hell do you want?" She snapped but Frost seemed unfazed by her natural sassy behavior, probably had grown immune to it by now.

"So, Suki, um... I was thinking we should get to know each other better..?" The white haired Hunter says while rubbing the back of her neck sheepishly. Thinking about asking Sukia the question compared to saying it with eye contact with her were two different things he's come to realize a little too late. Her intense aura never made eye contact easy.

Sukia squinted up at Frost with parted lips as if that was the stupidest thing she's ever heard before she growled up at him. "Why the fuck would I tell you anything about me? And I honestly don't give a rat's ass about learning anything about you."

"Oh come on, don't be like that. It, uh..." Frost tried to think of a good excuse, "...it could be vital to missions. Like, what if someone tried to impersonate our voices? We could ask questions nobody else knows about." Sukia crosses her arms while tapping her toe and continuing to glare up at Frost, clearly not buying it.

"That's a real shitty excuse, ya know that?" The pretty Hunter sassed.

Frost heaved a sigh in defeat. "Why're you so against this? You got something to hide?"

Frost's question then made Sukia place her hands on her hips. "What? I don't got anything to hide! What you see is what you get when it comes to me."

Frost stared down at the petite woman before giving a smirk, finally finding that bull's eye. "Prove it."

I held in a chuckle while watching the two Hunters while Nova rolled his eye, I knew he still wasn't fond of my troublemaking Guardian.

"Fine, fine, asshole. What do you wanna know?" Sukia finally gives in to her new partner's request and he places a hand to his chin in thought.