teaching the Winchester about Devil's Trap part 1✔️

with Sam and Dean

Lincoln, Nebraska

Johns cell phone is ringing. Meg picks it up.

"You boys really screwed up this time."

Salvation, Iowa

Dean looks at Sam.

"Where is he?"

Meg – over phone: "You're never going to see your father again."

Dean (hangs up his phone): "They've got Dad."

"Meg?"
(Dean just nods)

"What'd she say?"

"I just told you, Sammy."

(Dean is clearly upset)

"Okay." "Okay."

"Dean takes the Colt and tucks it into the back of his jeans."

"What are you doing, Dean?"

Dean (grabs his duffel bag): "We got to go."

"Why?"

Dean (putting on his jacket): "Because the demon knows were in Salvation, all right." "It knows we got the Colt." "Its got Dad – its probably coming for us next."

"Good." "We've still got three bullets left." "Let it come."

"Listen, tough guy, were not ready, okay?" "We don't know how many of them are out there." "Now, were no good to anybody dead." "Were leaving.... now!"

Impala

The Impala is speeding down the road and takes a turn sideways.

"I'm telling you, Dean, we could have taken him."

"What we need is a plan." "Now, they're probably keeping Dad alive, we just gotta figure out where." "They're gonna wanna trade him for the gun." 

(Sam just shakes his head and Dean glances over at him)

"What?"

"Dean, if that were true, why didnt Meg mention a trade?" (getting upset) "Dad, he might be...."

"Don't!"

"Look, I don't want to believe it any more than you."  "But if he is, all the more reason to kill this damn thing." "We still have the Colt." "We can still finish the job."

"Screw the job, Sam!"

"Dean, Im just trying to do what he would want." "He would want us to keep going."

Dean (angry): "Quit talking about him like hes dead already." "Listen to me, everything stops until we get him back, you understand me? Everything."

Sam pauses to think.

"So how do we find him?"

"Maybe we go to Lincoln." "Start at the warehouse where he was taken."

"Come on, Dean, you really think these demons are going to leave a trail?"

Dean (pauses): "You're right." "We need help."

The Impala drives off through the night.

The Impala drives onto a junkyard, which we later learn is Bobby Singers property. Bobby is an old friend of Johns, who had not parted on good terms with him the last time they saw each other. There are junk cars around and hubcaps nailed to the side of the house. A large dog is chained to a post and is lying on the hood of an old tow truck. while another dog who looks familer to the Winchester is also there sitting on the growned. not barking or anything.