Five Daisies

...

The next morning when Louis woke up and was laying in bed looking at the ceiling ignoring how his bandaids made him feel uncomfortable down at his little buddy on the pants, and that's when he felt a gentle kiss on his hand.

He almost flipped, knowing no one was in the house and he didn't own a dog or any pet for all that matters.

He looked down to find a pretty white rose forming and fading almost immediately. It was like an on and off alarm.

"Didn't we promise no self harm Sun!?"-He mumbled at the tiny fading rose.

It happened again and Louis searched his drawers for a pin. Once he found it he pinched the same exact spot of the palm, he noticed the pinch actually trickled. And so the white roses stopped showing for the day...

Fun thing it became their thing quite randomly. He'd wake up every morning with a gentle kiss on his hand, and he'd give one back almost immediately. And even if he woke up late on lazy days, his soulmate was always there to reply to his white rose and the feeling of the gentle kiss it gave over his skin as it formed.

And Louis had never been happier to keep in touch with his soulmate like that. On holidays they'd pinch twice to wish each other whatever they celebrated and on sad days they'd sent a few more. It was such a pure thing to do, and he felt like his soulmate was here with him all the time, and their little white roses where their gentle messages.

No red roses appeared ever again.

During summer Louis moved to London with Ivy and an annoying friend they both shared, his name was Leo and he was going to pay half of the rent because his parents where rich. Leo was a spoiled peacock and had no friends. Well now he had, since he'd tag along with Ivy and Lou all the time. His major was music, instrumental music, violin. Gifted child, now a discouraged grown up.

Louis had picked his major last semester, last minute, last second. Literally he was the last to pick his major and he just typed down the first thing that came in his mind. Now he was following English Literature. A huge fuck up, because Louis never read a book in his life with his participating will. Maybe only the Meaning of flowers for soulmates, but it didn't count now when he had to decipher the total works of Shakespeare. And it was all written in some ancient english words that Louis can't stop miss pronouncing in purpose to piss of his college professors.

Ivy on the other hand had gotten herself into Business and Management and had high hopes for a rich future. She wished to have her own management company for new indie artists and fuck it she was chasing that dream both, barefoot and on heels.

Emily had left for America as most of their friends had, so this was the future they had chosen to go with. Mostly it was still unsure.

Back to the soulmates, Louis got himself a few more tattoos over the summer, like the little dagger for his soulmates rose, or the compass on his forearm near a permanent sunflower. A few free birds, a skateboard stick man since he had loved skateboard once upon a time. And many lyrics from songs.

He wasn't the only one to get tattooed that summer, as a morning he'd woken up with itchy baby breaths all over his tummy. And you get baby breaths when you're having a stick and poke tat, or regular tattoo or just accidentally pinch from needles and pins.

He had pinched his palm with a safety pin he kept on his leather bracelet as the good morning greet and gotten an immediate response from his soulmate...their good morning greet with white roses never got old. Even after months of doing it...and later, even after years.

The only thing Louis worried about was the fact the his soulmate was still young, 17 if they'd turned yet, and he just hopes they didn't get a tattoo they'd regret. But he'd be there to laugh at it, if it was horrible.

He felt this sense of proudness now when little sunflowers showed up in random places, like his hips or his legs, the trippy soulmate just made him laugh at how impossibly clumsy they had to be to get this amount of bruises.

Ivy had gotten a huge lily on her shoulder, and the epitome of casualties on that person's body just never failed to amaze her Lou or Leo.

Leo in the other side had a very stable soulmate, he barely never got a flower and when he does, they where little baby breaths or pretty daises.

Louis' scars had healed a long time ago on his thighs, they now stood white over the red permanent roses of his soulmate. They looked pretty all together and Louis hadn't hidden them during summers at the beach.

First semester of collage had started and that afternoon during the first month there Louis was sitting on the couch of their shared apartment, Ivy was painting her nails and had threatened to do his toe nails too if he didn't give her a foot massage.

Leo was passed out on the couch opposite to them violin on his chin, probably composing till late. He had his feet over the table in the middle and now Louis knew where the faint smell was coming from.

He was gently rubbing Ivory's feet on a nice massage, looking at the pretty ivies on her little pinky toe, when a ticking sensation formed on the tip of his fingers all five of them.

"Hey continue my massage."-Ivy complained.

He stopped doing what he was doing and stared at all five his fingertips forming with daisies.-"What the hell does this one mean?"

Ivy sat up just to stare at them and shrug.-"As long as they love doing it who are we to judge."

Leo stirred awake knocking down a nail polish bottle, paint flew on the carpet and Ivy threw a pillow at his head.-"That was my favourite pigment you arse!"

"Guys, fuck this, all five my fingers have daisies on them what the hell does this mean?!"-Louis panicked.

Leo who was still confused and didn't hear a word groaned at what Ivy threw.

"My nail polish!"

"My fingers!"

Leo closed his ears at the complainants.-"I'll buy you the whole collection Ivory and Louis what is wrong with your fingers? Ivies?"

"No daisies!"

"What is there to panic about daisies?"

Louis showed him all five his fingers where pretty little daisies had formed.-"It's on all of them..."

Leo huffed.-"Your soulmate probably plays guitar."

Louis gasped.-"How the fuck would you know!"

"I play violin, only use four fingers so my soulmate knows I play violin because when I was leaning the violin daisies bloomed on their fingertips till they formed calluses and stopped aching for them and for me, same for a cello player. But if there's five fingers, they're probably just leaning the guitar and their fingers aren't used with the burn of the strings. Till they get used you might be stuck with daisies on your fingers."-Leo informed and both Louis and Ivory stared at him mouth agape.

"Leo! I'd kiss you so bad right now, but I'm saving it for my soulmate! But fucking thanks man!"-Louis said chuckling as he sat up and threw himself over Leo pretending to be snogging them.

Ivy laughed her ass out at the stupid duo.

"How's that going to be any help?"-Leo than asked when he got rid of Louis.

"Sun found their hobby that makes them happy enough to form daisies, I haven't seen daisies on my skin for so long and it means they're happy somehow. Do you know where can I apply for guitar classes? Might want to get into it too, seems cool you know. Who knows we might end up in a band together."-Louis said jokingly.

Ivy and Leo joined his laugh.-"Sure no problem man, I can ask my dad to find you a good and affordable tutor her on campus."

"Oh! The will to snog you is getting worse!"-Louis almost jumped over him again.

"Hey! Save it for you soulmate man! Save it for your soulmate! I'm good!"

...