Chapter 17

A week passed and Shane and I hid our relationship from our friends but Jade found out when she had my phone. She wouldn't leave me alone about it.

"Stop it! Put me down!" Jade giggled out as Dean threw her over his shoulder.

We were currently at the park, its Friday, just after six in the afternoon, we were the only ones there, playing basketball.

"Hey! That's cheating," I said folding my arms over my chest.

"Your already cheating wearing that!" Shane retorted pointing towards my sports bra. I was wearing my sports bra and basketball shorts.

"What do you mean? Jade's practically wearing the same thing," I chuckled pointing towards Jade who was leaning against a picnic table and Dean was talking to her, sitting on the table next to her.

"Well she's not as hot as you," he smirked walking up to me.

"I heard that dipshit!" Jade yelled over getting our attention.

We all erupted in laughter. Shane turned to walk away but I stopped him.

"Broke up with Hayley?" I asked whispering going on my tippy toes to reach his ear.

"Did that about a week ago," Shane said wrapping his hands around my waist and resting them on my hips.

My attention quickly turned to Jade as she she-moneyed on the table, soon enough Dean joined in and so did Shane. I just decided to go along with it.

"You need to stop listening to our convos!" I yelled over at Jade and received a middle finger as a response, Shane took my hand and led me to the swings. I sat on one and he sat on the slide that was right infront of me.

"You okay?" I asked brushing some hair from my sweaty face.

"Yeah, tired though,"

I nodded and a smile spread across my face.

"Trent's throwing a party tomorrow, you wanna come?" I inquired smiling brightly hoping that he could go.

"Sorry, I can't, parents carrying me to some stupid family reunion this weekend," he explained getting up from the slide, flexing his muscles through his muscle shirt.

"What is this? Shane missing a party? Who are you and where is my bestfriend?" I sarcastically asked.

"Boyfriend," he corrected.

"Best friend," I challenged.

"Are you friend zoning me?" He asked taking a daring step towards me.

"Maybe I am," I shot back, a smirk playing across my face.

"Maybe I can change your mind..." He trailed off as our lips connected but the kiss only lasted a quick second as I ducked out of his arms.

"Ewww!" I called out.

"What?" Shane looked confused.

"Your sweaty!"

He looked at me with a daring smile and I immediately knew what he was about to do, I shook my head no as I stepped back from him slowly, he nodded his head and took a step closer to me. I shot off running towards Jade and Dean but stopped when I couldn't find them. Soon Shane caught up with me engulfing me in a bear hug.

"Where are they?" He asked panting, letting me go.

I looked at the street and Dean's truck was gone.

"They left us here!" I stomped down.

"Good thing I drove, come on let's get you home before you break curfew," Shane joked as I took up my T-shirt and water bottle walking towards the car.