Chapter 23

Zidaya's P.O.V.

As we walked into a very huge dining room I saw a tall male figure speaking to Alfred. He was lightly tanned and had light brown hair just like Shane.

Shane tightened his grip on my hand.

"Dad," he called resulting in both men turning to us.

"This is Zidaya, my girlfriend,"

As we all took our seats at a huge dining table, I was as close to Shane like a baby is to its mother.

I was scared suppose I wasn't good enough for his family? I don't fit in!

"So, Zidaya what are your plans after high school?" Shane's mom asked stabbing her salad that made me jump.

"I-I'm planning to getting into New York University and when i graduate I'll go Cuba to study medicine," I stammered looking at the mother of my boyfriend who looked like she planned to be head me.

"Oh really? Why Cuba?" Shane's Dad asked.

For some reason I was more at ease with his father than his mother, probably because I know how judgmental females can be.

"Cuba is known to have the best teaching skills for Doctors," I explained.

"How long will you be there?" She asked coldly.

"Five years, Mrs Hemingway,"

"That's an awful lot, will your parents be migrating with you?"
Mr Hemingway questioned.

"I only live with my mother and no," I answered staring down at my plate.

The place went silent and I could feel myself being judged. Its not my fault I'm from a broken home.

"Where's your father?" Mrs. Hemingway blurted out.

"Mom!" Shane yelled.

"Sharon!" Mr. Hemingway called looking at his wife, disappointment in his eyes.

"No, its fine, He left when I was 11, at that time my older sister was 13 and my younger sister was only five, he has a family of his own now, so my mom takes care of us." I explained looking her dead in the eye. She was starting to piss me off.

"I'm sorry, its just that girls nowadays, only date my son because of his wealth," She apologized.

I gave a forgiving smile and Shane took my hand. Maybe I would make it through tonight.

*****

"Five, six, seven, eight!" Mistress Camille yelled as we started dancing.

I let out a weary sigh as I got into my starting position.

We were dancing with the tutus today and let me be the first to say. I was sweating like a pig.

We started of getting up on our toes and then doing a jeté after we did two pirouettes and froze the guys started to do a couple hip pop moves around us. We fell in sync with them. A mixture of contemporary dance moves.

I haven't spoken to Trent although we have had so many practices together.

I was hesitant to run into his arms where he would lift me.

But thankfully he caught me.

"That was perfect!" Mistress Camille said clapping her together.

"I'll have Zidaya and Trent's duet,"

I watched as everyone filed out and only the three of us were left.

"Okay so let's see it the concert is only in two days, there better be no mistakes." Mistress Camille said walking over to the iPod station.