07

˗ˏˋ how to forget a guy in 10 days 'ˎ˗

monday morning. the day you dreaded. usually, for the past few months, your mondays were filled with happiness and joy but ever since your realisation of your romantic feelings, you were not looking forward to the start of the week.

from your research on google from the past day, you stumbled upon an article which was titled "how to get over your crush in 10 days" the title immediately grabbed your attention as you did not want your romantic feelings to progress any further for someone you knew you could never have. upon clicking on the article, you were greeted by many peculiar tips on how to loose feelings for someone; the one that grabbed your attention was tip #6 which read: "avoid them in any public spaces and avoid texting them."

"that's easy," you thought. since you and tighnari did not have any classes together due to you both studying two very different courses, avoiding him during class hours was not difficult yet you and him have interacted multiple times in the hallways between classes, avoiding him during those timings might be a bit challenging unless of course, you decide to hide behind zhongli's tall figure.

well, hallways and lunch won't be difficult but wednesdays and mondays was what frightened you: you had club meetings and you knew he'd be present in every single one of them, presenting and helping everyone; going to these meetings would honestly make you fall harder and do the exact opposite of what you want. however, it's too late for you to switch clubs, your first semester was nearly over.
you could just take an absent for these two days until you got over those peculiar feelings yet skipping school over some childish feelings was quite foolish, to say the least.
your best bet relied on making excuses, that is, if tighnari actually believed them and the other solution involved confessing to the man, no, you weren't confessing to him anytime soon, how could you possibly think of a plan as imbecilic as this?
guess you were sticking to the excuses one, hoping and praying he didn't catch on.
oh, how unprepared you were for the events that followed...

it was monday morning, 7AM, your classes were to start in hour but registration was in 15 minutes, the school was awfully crowded with students running and bumping to one another to find their designated classes and teachers shouting at everyone to keep the hallways managed.

you were at your locker, picking out your books for your first few lessons with childe next you, bombarding you with random questions to annoy you. whenever childe wasn't with his group of ( in your opinion, intimidating ) friends, he'd always come find you, he enjoyed talking to you and wasn't afraid to admit it. nowadays, he'd visit your locker to accompany you.
no matter how annoying the ginger got, you'd never be cross with him. his optimistic and caring aura always made you enjoy his presence.

'hm so! are you done already? shall we go?' childe asked, trying to sound tired. 'nearly, i'm trying to find my practical experiments journal, hold on,' you replied as you dug through your mess of a locker.

childe was starting to get bored with you barely responding to him so he turned around and started scanning through the fish market of people in the hallways until his eyes landed on a certain fox who had his unconscious ways of making you very flustered.
childe was intelligent man, he was quick to understand your feelings towards tighnari; just with the way you'd look at him and how your tone of voice would change when talking to him; the way you'd talk about him, he immediately understood and him - being the nice friend he is - decided to call out to him. a devilish smile creeped onto his face as he thought of that wonderful idea; ah yes, childe really did love young love and playing cupid.

'tighnarii, my dear friend y/n wants to say something to you!' he called out to him a in sing-song voice. your rummaging immediately stopped, you turned to glare at the taller man next to you who was smiling rather smugly. it looks could kill, childe would've already dropped dead by now.

tighnari walked over to you two - he found it quite weird that you had asked childe to tell him something, when most of the time, you'd just talk to him yourself.
'hm? what did you want to talk about, y/n also good morning childe,' he greeted you both with childe greeting him back and leaving you two as he flashed you a smirk. you really didn't like childe at times.

'well uh...' you trailed off, trying to think of a proper excuse until, an idea popped in your head. 'so sorry but i can't attend today or wednesday's club meeting since i'm sick yeah and i need the time off,' you lied, hoping he'd believe your excuse.
he tilted his head to the side, examine you; his gaze causing your face to burn bright red as you attempted to look normal and pretend that he wasn't looking at you intently.

slowly, he put his right hand over your head to check your temperature. he put it there for a few seconds until he spoke: 'are you sure you're okay? your body temperature is quite high and you're unusually red. i'll take you to the clinic, come on,' he said without letting you say any word of disapproval. he interlocked his hand with yours and started to walk you to the clinic, oblivious to the fact that he was the one who caused you to be like this in the first place.

one part of you was glad that he had believed the lie, the other part was practically screaming at you for the lie - the more you tried to avoid him, the more he'd come to you. so much for avoiding him until the feelings passed, your plan obviously failing on the first try.
yet, another part of you was happy for this, you did like tighnari after all, this just gave you a chance to spend more time with him, outside of club activities.

your mind was a storm of thoughts, you had no idea how to feel about this, moreover, your heart was racing, your heart beats per minute had probably increased from a 72 to atleast 104 by now, from this excessive movement or from the man in front of you? you were unsure.

suddenly, your movements came to a halt. tighnari's warm hand left yours, you felt rather upset at the loss of contact but you had other thi to worry about - tighnari had actually dragged you to the clinic, you were screwed.
tighnari went in first, describing what he had observed; you just stood there, behind him, waiting for this to be over.

the nurse had a conversation with tighnari, discussing your condition with tighnari and then told him to leave so she could examine you herself.
tighnari turned to you, he looked at you lovingly for a moment. he then tucked a strand of your h/c hair behind your ear then spoke: 'take care of yourself,' he smiled at you one last time before taking his leave from the clinic.

the small action of his got your heart beating out of your chest and your stomach was feeling weird now too. your cheeks still flushed a crimson shade and your mind could only focus on tighnari's earlier action.
you were excused from the club meeting yet that didn't stop your feelings from developing further.

a/n: so thoughts ??
also did yall know that everyone in genshin pronounces tighnari's name wrong. the "gh" isn't silent😭and his full name is suppose to be "Al-Tighnari".