"I'm here"

The next morning when Mike woke up he thought that last night was just a bad dream and nothing happened. But when he opened his eyes and he saw that he was in an unfamiliar room, he figured that it wasn't a dream. His parents really found out about him liking boys and instead of being supportive they were assholes. Mike groaned as he stood up. His body was aching. He rubbed his eyes and he walked out from the temporary room, downstairs. Once there he felt food from the kitchen. He walked inside and he saw Five at the stove, cooking food, with an apron around his waist, and humming. The guy really looks like a mom.

"Now I know why everyone calls you mom, "Mike said and he chuckled when he saw Steve jumping and turning around to face him.

"Jesus Wheeler. Thank you for giving me a heart attack so early in the morning", he said with a glare, that softened immediately. "How are you feeling?"

"Mentally, physically, or emotionally?"

"All three of them"

"Like shit", he said as he sat down on a chair in front of the kitchen counter.

Steve sighed and he closed the stove and he walked beside Mike. He put a hand on his shoulder. "I know that it's hard. But I will help you. I will be there for you and so will your friends if you would tell them what happened"Mike dreaded the thought of telling his friends what happened. What if they think that he's weak? He fought against interdimensional monsters and he can win a fight against his father. He cries like a baby if his dad slapped him around a little. And what if they would be disgusted when they would find out that he likes boys? Then he would lose all his friends and he would be all alone. "Hey," Steve said and he flicked Mike on his forehead. "I can hear your thoughts from here. Your friends would not think that you are weak and nor would they hate you for liking boys"

"Are you a mind reader now?"Mike asked with a smile, changing the conversation. He doesn't want to talk about this now anymore.

"Maybe I am. Who knows. Maybe I became a mutant from the bat bites"

"Bat bites?"Mike asked confused. Since when Steve had been bitten by bats.

"Long short story I was dragged in the upside down. Some demo bats decided to chew on me. Nancy, Robin, and Eddie had come after and helped me"

"You've in Upside Down?"Mike asked his eyes wide. Steve hummed as he turned back to his food.

"Yep. Looks like Hawkins. Only empty of people and full of monsters. Good thing that the gates are closed forever and we didn't need to worry about it anymore."Hopefully. Maybe another lunatic like Henry would be sent there and turned in another Vecna. Let's hope no. "Why are you up so early anyway"

"Huh. Because I have school?"

"Yeah no," Steve said as he turned and faced him again and pointed a spatial at him. "One. You are still a mess. And two. You don't have any spare clothes here. I will go later to your house and get some. But today you stay home"

"But.."

"No buts. It's Friday anyway. You should be happy that you got an extended weekend." Mike gave up protesting knowing that it was futile when Steve set his mind on something. Once the food was ready. Eggs with bacon and toast and orange juice, he put them in front of Mike. "Eat. I'm going to make a phone call" Steve said and he ruffled Mike's hair as he walked out from the kitchen.

================================================================================

Steve walked into his living room and he grabbed his phone and called Robin. He tapped his foot as he waited for his best friend to answer.

"You better have a good reason to call me this early Dingus. Or I will kill you" Robin said, her voice raspy, proof that she just woke up.

"Sorry, Rob. But I have a favor to ask. Can you please open the shop today for me? Please"