Chapter 26

Once I was handed a beverage, I made my way around saying hello to everyone. Most were asking how the holiday went. Though I didn't bring up the whole Friendsgiving thing I did talk about how great our Thanksgiving was the prior day.

"Hey stranger," Rudy said, leaning against the counter beside me.

I turned to him so we were shoulder to shoulder, "Hey, what did y'all end up doing yesterday?" Rudy, Austin, and JD had spent the day together as none of them went home for Thanksgiving.

"We mainly just played video games, and ordered some pizza," he answered crossing his arms across his chest.

"You didn't have turkey?" I asked taking a sip of my drink and he shook his head.

"Nah, we've already had plenty this week, knowing we were coming here," he replied.

"Yeah, I'm gonna have to hit the gym asap after this week," I responded then paused, "Well I did already go with Drew so hopefully I'm ahead."

"Did you two talk it out?" Rudy asked and my eyes immediately went to Drew who was talking with Chase and Evan.

"Yeah, we're good. I mean obviously, I'm still going to feel bad because...well, I'm me. And I would never want any of us to go through something like that," I shrugged.

"Understandable," he nodded, "How has meeting the family been?"

"Really really good actually," I smiled at the thought.

"So you were worried for nothing?" Rudy nudged me and I laughed.

"Yeah, I do tend to overreact. Rylie and I hit it off, we even went shopping together this morning and his mom has been so nice. She said I was a lovely addition to the family," I answered with a grin still on my face.

"Your love for each other sometimes makes me sick," he joked and I shoved him, "I'm kidding. I'm glad it's going so well. You both deserve it."

"Thanks, Rudy," I smiled.

"Looks like it's getting sappy over here, good thing I have the cure," Maddie announced handing us each a small plastic cup with liquid in it.

"Oh god," I breathed in quickly.

"Heard we were having a Chasalie drunk night," she grinned.

"What did you just call me?" I laughed.

"It's your ship name I came up with right at this second. Now drink," Maddie ordered.

"Shouldn't the Chas of Chasalie be here?" Rudy asked sniffing the cup.

"Chase!" She yelled making most heads turn in the room, "Your presence is needed."

Chase weaved his way through the crowd and joined us, snaking an arm around my waist, "What's up?"

"Shots," I responded holding mine up as Maddie poured him one.

"My favorite," he chuckled once she handed him a cup.

We clinked our cups together and tilted our heads back as we drank quickly.

"I would like to give a toast," we heard Jonas call immediately after.

"Not another," I sighed chasing the shot with my beverage.

"It's gonna be one of those nights," Rudy grinned as we all shared a look.

After Jonas' toast, we were free to grab food and spread out throughout the house and backyard since there were a decent amount of people. Well, less from the cast and crew than normal as some had traveled home but some had families visiting so it made up for those missing.