Chapter 6

@rosaliegrace: happy birthday my love 💕🎉

•••

I looked to the doorway and saw Kelley arrive, "She came," I smiled, excusing myself and going to greet her.

"Hey," Kelley said as I approached her.

"I'm so glad you're here!" I grinned giving her a quick hug.

"Thanks for inviting me. This looks like a fun crowd," she laughed looking around the room.

"Come on, I'll introduce you to some of my friends," I said tugging her arm along. We first went up to Maddie and Elaine, "Guys, this is Kelley, she's the one I told you about who lives in our building."

"It's so nice to meet you," Elaine smiled shaking her hand, "I'm Elaine."

"And I'm Maddie," Maddie introduced herself.

"Hey Ro, we're gonna do the cake now," Rudy told me.

"I'll be right back. Don't scare my friend away," I told Maddie and Elaine. We had gotten a white cake with red frosting and sprinkles. Rudy helped me with lighting the candles before we walked over to Chase and everyone started singing happy birthday. Chase blew out the candles and Rudy jokingly grabbed the back of his head to shove it into the cake but didn't. I started cutting up some slices to set up at the end of the table after everyone grabbed pizza.

"Who's your friend?" Drew asked as he came through the line to grab some food.

"Kelley?" I asked looking over to where she was seated on the couch with Maddie and Lilah.

"Yeah," he answered.

"Why? You think she's cute?" I grinned.

"Maybe," he smiled.

"I could play matchmaker," I nodded, "I can introduce you after I'm done here."

I grabbed a plate for myself and a seltzer, going around the room to find a spot. Chase was at the pool table with JD and Austin. There was a chair beside the couch where Maddie and Kelley were eating.

"Hello, I'm back," I announced sitting beside them and turned to Kelley, "Sorry about that. Did they scare you too much?"

"Shut up," Maddie rolled her eyes.

"No, but they did tell me about some of your wild nights," Kelley laughed.

"Oh, so you embarrassed me," I turned to Maddie and she shrugged.

"You'll have to come out with us, we have this place on the boardwalk we always go to. It's really fun," Elaine added sitting beside me in my chair.

"Maybe we can go tonight? To celebrate, I'm trying to get Chase to let loose," I laughed.

"Yeah, he never does that," Maddie agreed.