Chapter 22

"What is going on?" I stopped in my tracks, taking in the scene before me.

"Rose," Chase started.

"Ro, it's not what it looks like. He had pulled me in and I had tried to back away," Kelley pleaded as she got off of him.

I tried to find my breath. I looked behind me, the party now silent and found Rudy beside me, a look of confusion that was probably mirrored on my face, more importantly Drew on his other side, looking absolutely heartbroken. I didn't know what to say, I had to find my words.

"Get the fuck out," I said firmly. Kelley had moved to the side waiting for Chase to get up.

"I said, get the fuck out," I repeated and Kelley soon found my eyes, realizing I was talking to her.

At second glance when I had first entered the room I had noticed Chase's hands, reaching for the other end of the bed as if he were trying to get away. Not pulling Kelley in towards him like she said. The other indicator was his face, I could tell he was confused and had no intent as to what was going on and before I had opened the door I had originally heard muffled shouts of protest. I knew one hundred percent that he was not in on this.

"I swear, Ro. I didn't know what he was doing..." she started.

"Why would you do this?" I asked cutting her off, "We were friends. I confided in you. You took care of me. What about Drew?"

She looked from face to face in the doorway as her pleaded look suddenly turned cold, "It was just a game. To get in on the inside. See what it was like."

I stood there in awe. She had just completely admitted to it. My heart lurched yet again, not entirely sure what to say until it all clicked. "It was you. You were the one that was always tipping of the paparazzi. How they always knew what was going on."

"Took you long enough to realize," she smirked and I couldn't even breathe.

"I think it's time for you to leave," Rudy spoke up beside me.

I couldn't even move as she walked towards me, trying to piece it all together. Rethinking every single moment since I had met her and what I had shared. Rudy grabbed my shoulders pulling me out of the way as I hadn't moved. She stopped in front of Drew and reached for his arm but he dodged it.

"Sorry about that."

That's all she has said then left out the door.

I let out a soft sob that sounded louder in the silent room once the door had shut behind her. No one said anything or knew what to say. All rethinking about what we had done while in Charleston this season. Everything we had shared and thought was confidential.

I brought my hand to my eyes as I tried to keep the tears in. I felt a hand reach for me but I put my hand out, "Um...I just need a second."

I didn't know where to go. In a quick glance around the room I found the door to the patio. I rushed out of the group and shut the door behind me quickly. I wrapped my thin cardigan around me tightly as I sat down on the ground I started to sob.

The mole was within us all along. I had let her into my friend group and we were all betrayed.
I ran my hands over my eyes wiping away the tears and pushed my hair back. I then realized I was shaking, whether it was of anger or the cold night air, I couldn't tell. I was so dumb. How could I let someone into our friend group like that? I didn't even want to think about what my friends were thinking right now.