4

Weeks passed by, Tommy finally felt he'd found his perfect family and his two best friends. At school he'd study and play with his friends whereas at home he'd chat and laugh with his brothers and father. It was perfect, almost. His family was starting to act somewhat odd. They would insist on being near him all the time when he was out of the house. He couldn't even go somewhere with his friends without them being around there. He always shook it off as that 'he's their new child so they want to be more protective of him for the time being,' but it's been about a month and a half now and if anything it's gotten worse.

One night Tommy stirred peacefully in his sleep, he had gone to sleep that night, but Tommy wished he really had never did.

The morning came in a blur to Tommy as he continued his routine from the weeks before. He changed, poured himself a bowl of cereal and ate in silence, watching the tv on some random channel he felt like watching. He prepared his bag for school and waited patiently for his family to be ready as well. Everything continued as normal until it hit break. The thing about this certain time is Tommy's brothers aren't allowed where Tommy is due to the gap in their ages. Tommy has found this to be one of the only times he is away from his brothers and still with his friends. He couldn't tell if he was particularly happy with the separation, or he missed them — even away from his brothers though didn't keep him away from everything.

Tommy's eyes darted around, trying to spot Tubbo and Ranboo out of the growing crowds. He scouted around, glancing indifferently at people all with hats or earrings never without. Finally, Tommy spotted him. A tall boy's head stuck out on top of many children, his hair was brown and his eyes were two different colours — green and red.

"Ranboo." Tommy shouted, raising his voice over the others.

When Ranboo didn't turn to look at him, Tommy speed walked over. "Ranboo?" Tommy called again before he was cut short by the impact of the ground below him on his head. Tommy grunted, trying to acknowledge what had just happened.

Laughter filled his ears from left to right before he spotted blood lying terrifyingly on the concrete floor. Tommy tried to lift himself up but was cut short by a foot stomping on his back, forcing him back down with a scrape invading his skin. "Help!" Tommy cried, no response except the usual echoing of laughter and mock.

A hand grabbed Tommy by his hair, pulling him up to lever with him. Alas, Tommy saw their face. Jason? Jonathon? Tommy couldn't properly remember their name. The boy grabbed Tommy by his shirt collar, half strangling him till he could hardly breathe.

"Let me go!" Tommy cried out even though he knew that wasn't going to help.

'Let me go~' a boy in the crowd mocked, gaining many laughs in a second.

"Okay Tommy, you know maybe I will let you go." The boy grimaced with a tint of a grin on the edges of his lips. There it was, The boy's fist came flying into Tommy's face — and that was the last thing he could remember.

A hum pierced Tommy's ears. His head din't hurt anymore as he lay still in a heap of leaves. The forest trees awned him, blocking the sunlight out of his eyes. He grunted weakly as he pressed his hand onto the leaves, digging for the ground. Once he'd found it, he levelled himself into a sitting position.

Tommy glanced around the forest. It seemed it was autumn with the red and orange tinted leaves, holding onto the trees branches for dear life.

"Sweetie," Tommy was startled by a soft toned voice coming from behind him. He sprung upwards, looking up and down at the woman stood before him. His mother.

"Mum?" His voice was supposed to sound hopeful, but it instead came out raw.

The woman opened up her arms, signalling a hug.