11

"look at them." mijin chuckled, "they're acting like total morons!" she said making us turn to her.

it was pouring outside, lightning and all the zombies seemed to be in pain due to it. I also flinched a few times and when questioned about it I made an excuse that I'm scared of the lightning.

"they're probably like this because of the rain." I insisted, it was affecting me as well.

mijin turned to us "maybe we should go now, it's most likely gonna be our best way to get out." all of us agreed to that, standing up.

"we should go behind that building to the mountains," hari said. we once again silently agreed.

hari made a few noises with the targets but it didn't exactly make the zombies nearby to turn at us so it only encouraged us to run off to the mountains.

the ground was super slippery due to the heavy rain, but we were able to run and push joonsung with us. I can hear some muffled talks, it might be my classmates.

all of us could hear some kind of commotion happening and as we went on the path trough the hill then we saw them.

and I was right, it was my classmates. well, it was woojin and hyoryeong to be exact but everyone else must have been close. hari started shooting at the zombies that were attacking them while mijin and minjae pushed joonsung.

"hyoryeong!" I called out but not too loud. they turned to us finally seeing hari and me with the others behind.

"hari!" woojin said, only staring at his sister. he was most likely glad that they found each other.

"seulgi? we thought you ran off.." I went over to hyoryeong, nodding I said "I know, I know but now it's not the time to chat about what happened, we should run." I told her

hari agreed "yeah, get going!" so we started running up quickly once again. I was running with hyoryeong while minjae and mijin were still pushing joonsung.

hari and woojin ran behind us.

we then arrived at another one of the gyms, we caught up with everyone else. for fucks sake, not again.

"what is it namra?"

I could feel them as well, there were many of them.

"run." as soon as namra said that then the lightning struck, we could see the volleyball team all turned to zombies and they could see us as well.

all of us started panicking, knowing that we need to find a hiding spot. our hiding spot was the equipment room.

"quickly!" most of my classmates already ran in and I did as well, though I could very clearly hear the cries of mijin. they basically had to drag her in.

"no! let go of me!" joonsung wasn't here, he most likely died and that's why she was crying.

soon the last people that ran in locked it. I looked around panting.

everyone was out of their breath and everyone's hearts were beating super fast from the running.

"hey? what happened to minjae?" I asked turning to hari.

don't tell me they both died..

I could only turn my head down, knowing the situation. "I don't know what happened to minjae.." hari told me. the senior might have run off, either that or we will see him in his zombie form when we go out.

I turned back around looking at the ground, processing what just happened.

but soon someone hugged me, I knew who it was. "cheongsan-"

I stopped talking when I heard him sniffle, I felt bad because he doesn't usually cry easily a most of the time seems like the strong one.

it honestly broke me hearing him and seeing him in such state.

I looked around the room, having most eyes on me from the rest of my classmates and for a few moments I've met eyes with onjos sad ones as she nodded at me.

I then hugged him back, comforting him after knowing the entire truth that happened during the time we were separated and soon everyone dozed off after the long day.