13

we've turned to the sound of suhyeok kicking the ball carts.

"what are you doing?"
"don't you think we can use these as a shield?" suhyeok replied.

soon all of us were on our feet to help make the shield possible. suhyeoks plan was basically to take carts, tie them together in a circle and hide inside the circle – possibly with more coverage.

we've found some rope and zip ties to tie the carts together, there was also a drill so we've made holes inside some wood which we'll use for more protection.

"hey, this won't work!" we could hear mijin protest.

i frowned at the girl, "what do you mean?"

"i mean that we should flip this instead and hide under the wood." she flipped the cover to the other side, it wasn't a bad idea but it definitely had a lot less space to move properly for all of us.

wujin joined in, "i think we should just keep it up."

"oh really? are you sure the zombies can't climb that?" mijin snapped definitely wanting the plan to go her way.

i sighed, "that's enough mijin.."

"guys, don't be stupid and re-do them." she then started untying the rope.
"they will be short if you close the lids." joonyeong stepped in, "unless you want us crawling.. pulling rank right now.."

he stepped closer to the cart to make sure that everything is tied again.

"hey! say that to my face!" mijin snapped.
"if you don't like it make your own."

joonyeong turned his back to her which only made mijin more annoyed. great.. this is gonna be a problem.

the older girl couldn't keep her cool and slapped the back of joonyeongs head, "there." mijin snapped again.

"what the hell.. are you crazy?"
wujin stepped in for his friend while i stepped closer to mijin.

"this isn't the time for fights mijin." i said trying to pull her by her hand away which she just shook away.

she turned to me for a moment, "don't interfere seulgi." she then looked back at joonyeong. "say it to my face."

"you should just make your own cart then. don't sabotage our work if you don't want to work with us."

mijin shoved the boy, "hey!" she was about to hit him again but he blocked her hand so instead she kicked his leg and at that he fell down in pain.

"shithead!" at that point i knew that mijin was gonna go crazy so i held on of her arms while suhyeok ran in to hold her as well.
"shithead? shithead?!" she started yelling, "what the fuck!?" she shoved us away once again as suhyeok stepped between them.

"joonyeong, that's enough."
"dude.. who the hell is she to tell us that we have to re-do it?"
"who the hell is she? your fucking nightmare!"

suhyeok turned to mijin in annoyance.
"you're coming with us right?"

"no. you're the one's coming with me."
"you wouldn't leave her here."
"of course not, but i wish i could."
"well we're coming together anyway, so why fight now huh?"

"just do as i say or else we're dead."
"yeah, we're trying to do everything to not die out there."
"enough already.. how many people have died on our way here? we should try to keep everyone alive, we shouldn't waste our energy to fight amongst ourselves."

"I'm not fighting to waste energy, I'm fighting because i want to live."
"then do as i fucking say asshat."
"then we split up, problem solved!" joonyeong had enough as he shoved one of the carts in anger.

"get back here you hear me?!" mijin started yelling while trying to go at joonyeong but suhyeok held her in place.

"just let go of me asshole!" mijin freed herself from suhyeoks grip, "do you think i'm doing this because i want to die?!"

and right as mijin yelled that, namra pushed one of the carts to stop the screaming. thank you namra, it was pretty annoying.

the cart she pushed bumped into another which made a loud rustling sound which only made all of us turn over to the girl.

"we'll vote on it." she stated.
"and you are?"

"the class prez."

namra then made us all stand together while she stood in front of us.

"1. we split up." she said, no one voted for the option.

"2. we stay together," to that everyone's hands raised up. "alright, in that case we stay together."

"hey, are we voting to live or die?" daesu piped in. "what do you mean?"

"we'll what if the thing we vote for will be the wrong option and everyone dies."
"there's no way that'll happen."

daesu, wujin and hyoryeong talked for a moment before mijin started talking again.

"what the hell? how did you kids survive this long?"
daesu got annoyed at that, "can you stay out of this? you started the fight so you're the reason we're even voting in the first place."

mijin was about to say something back but namra cut her off.

"next vote, option 1. we keep the lid up." to that suhyeok, onjo, daesu, joonyeong and me raised our hands.

i looked around to see everyone that didn't raise it and seeing that cheongsan didn't vote i held up his hand for him.

"okay, that's six votes for option 1... option 2. we put the lid down."

at that the rest of the four that didn't raise their hands for the first option raised it.

"great, then it's the first option." namra resorted because the vote was 6 to 4.

we then got back to continue building the shield.