'Try Harder'

—Bruce pov—
The bell rings and I'm getting ready to leave but then I hear my name being called, "Bruce, Vance, please come to my desk before you leave."
We both walked over to her desk, "Vance as you already know, you're failing this class and we're almost to the end of the first semester. So I'm going to appoint Bruce as your tutor, only if it's fine with you mr. Yamada."
"It's perfectly fine Miss."
"alright them, I'll let you both decide you're schedules."
We walk out of class and I ask, "when should we meet?"
"Just mind your own business Yamada."
"Come on, I know you don't care about grades but at least try the bare minimum."
"fine, whatever."
"When should we meet."
"Just meet at the back of school when you get out of class."
"Ok." we walk off in different directions even though he's also in my next class, honestly, who cares.
—Time skip, Bruce—
I take my time going to meet Vance, when I finally get to the back I see a boy kiss Vance and Vance pushes him off.
"Dude stop it, we broke up a week ago." Vance says holding the other boy back.
"That's not fair, you use me for a bit and then leave? Do you really not have a heart?" The other boy is getting clearly visible and clenching his fists. Maybe I should step in?
"Hey Vance!" I wave slightly.
"not the best time Bruce," He mutters letting the other boy go and walks towards me.
He grabs Vance's hand, "what? is that your new boyfriend? you're such a fucking slut, you know that right Vance?"
Vance jerks his hand away, "call me whatever you want just leave us alone."
"You know after he gets in your pants he'll leave you! don't waste your time on him!" he yells at me.
"ignore him," Vance whispers to me as he pulls me away. "don't worry about the stuff he says, it's all lies. and I don't plan on doing anything to you."
"alright, I didn't think so either. but where are we gonna go? I still have to tutor you."
"oh yea.. is my house fine?"
"yea sure." We get to his house and his mom greets us.
"Vance is this your friend?" his mom says with a welcoming smile.
"Yea, Bruce this is my my mom, mom this is Bruce."
"Nice to meet you."
"come on Bruce, we can study in my room." I nod and follow him to his room, its slightly a mess. He has a small table in the corner of his room. We both sit down and we pull out today's homework.
"You understand the questions, right?" I look up at him.
"no?"
"you don't sound sure."
"well, everything seems familiar but I don't know what to do."
"jesus, this is because you either sleep in or skip every class." I scoot closer to him, "here let me explain."
We finished all our work and Vance is surprising really smart, but besides that I was still think about what that other boy said.
"Vance, I'm curious, who was that guy earlier?"
"oh, Stanley?"
"yea him."
"He's my ex, he's also a bit obsessed."
"obsessed..?"
"well yea, how do I say it. I kissed him at a party about a month ago and he insisted ok being in a relationship, so I gave in and agreed it date. I know it's fucked but he wouldn't and won't leave me alone." There was a pause, "but I think he'll leave me alone for a bit."
"Why?"
"He probably thinks your my boyfriend, and he'd definitely get shit for trying to get with someone else's boyfriend."
"yea, that makes sense. how long do you think he'll leave you alone?"
"at least a week," seems like Vance has a lot experience with this shit.
"I should probably get going, I'll give you my number in case you need help with schoolwork." we exchange numbers and I leave.
He isn't actually such a bad guy like I thought.

——————————
678 words
exposition lmao
wrote this on my phone so I apologize for any mistakes!!!