ELEVEN- Preperation

Louis Tomlinson
October 28th
Saturday

Once again my day started off like normal, only instead of it actually being a normal day where no one bothered me, my phone was being blown up.

I had just finished feeding the dogs when I got the first notification.

It was from my mother so obviously I ignored it.

A few minutes later as I was going through the mail, I got a call. Once again from my mother.

So I once again ignored it.

I decided to just turn my phone off so I wouldn't be bothered with it. If anything serious did indeed happen, my mother could call my assistant.

At around 8:00 AM I decided to get to work on the ballgowns.

I had sent the dresses off to my team for them to work on while I had all my meetings yesterday.

The meetings ran late but it was fine seeing as the dresses were ready at around 10:00 PM.

Last night when I got home I was so tired that I didn't even bother with the dresses. I decided to work on them tomorrow and here it is.

My team is amazing, they got a lot of work done and managed to almost completely finish two out of the three.

Granted I still had some work left but I'm still thoroughly impressed with their work.

I walk down the creaky wooden stairs of my home and into the cool air conditioned basement. From there I collect the supplies I needed. After grabbing more than enough thread and a shit ton of tulle and extra needles, I get to work.

All the dresses are similar yet different at the same time.

The first dress is a beautiful light green colour with puffy sleeves that end just before the elbow. Dress number two is a soft cream color with sleeves that end at the wrist. The last and final dress is pale yellow with a V-neck as puff sleeve that end just above the elbow as well. Paired with long gloves that match the dresses color.

After I turn on my speaker I get to work on the extra details of the dresses.

Noon hits and Stephanie comes in with a new dry cleaned suit and a bookbag on her shoulders.

"Why are you here I gave you the day off? What's that?" I question turning off the music as she sets everything down onto the couch.

She huffs out a breath. "I'm here because this Louis is for you to wear tonight. Your mother wanted you in a new suit tonight for the diner." Stephanie explains as she walks up to where I'm working.

"Hmm." I reply. "Well thank you for getting that and sorry for having to deal with my mother." I added on knowing how much of a pain my mother could be.

"No worries. But I am going to take advantage of my day of and be with my mom." Stephanie says with a smile and quickly walks out without a word.

I stand up and examine the suit my mother had picked up. Surprisingly, the suit was a dark shade of grey. There was a dark red turtleneck shirt rested on top of the blazer.

The dinner itself isn't till 7:00 so I still have some time to work on what I need to. And overall, this isn't a high priority thing I had to do.

I'm only going because I want to see the community be restored to how it was.

Or at least that's what I've been telling myself.

Ever since my second encounter with Valerie I've been meaning to find a way to apologize.

I'm sure he's hasn't spent any time thinking about me, but I've thought about him and I hate how we ended off.

The sound of my doorbell going off pulls me out of my thinking.

I groan as I rise to my feet and quickly make my way upstairs. Once I get to the main part I briskly walk up to the door, the dogs trailing behind me waiting to see who the visitor is.

Unlocking the door I see the best surprise I could imagine. It was Tyler's family all standing at my door. Everyone is there, including Harper and Abagail with a basket of some sort.

"Hello everyone." I say cheerfully with a small laugh. "Come in come in." Opening the door wider I gesture for them to enter.

After locking the door I walk them to my kitchen. "So what's the special occasion, other than Ms. Harper being here." I ask nudging Harpers shoulder with mine.

"Well," Abagail says placing the basket onto my kitchen counter. "It's been a while and we have some catching up to do. We know you have plans tonight so we won't keep you long."

If this was anyone else I would find it sketchy. But this is like my second family. Hell they're more functional than my actual one.

We walk into the living room and we all sit down and begin catching each other up. Ryder sat with Carolina on his lap as he listened to the collage stories of his older step sister. Clifford was by Tyler's feet getting belly rubs from the older gentleman.

At around 1:30 they left and Abagail informed me that the food in the basket she left were chocolate cupcakes.

She also told me to tell Niall and Zayn and to share with them but I will not be doing that.

It was nice to catch up with everyone again. That family has always been so polite to me and they are all truly the sweetest.

Even if it was just for a short amount of time, it felt great to have a conversation with people that are like family. Although it felt even better to have a family-like conversation that didn't end in an argument.

The time comes for me to get ready and I already dread it. It's not that I don't want to go I truly do. It's just I'm not sure if I can handle having to sit through a long dinner knowing I have so much left to do.

Quickly I take a shower before putting on the suit Steph picked up.

Grey and red together aren't necessarily colours I would've picked for myself but oh well. I only have to be at the dinner for an hour and a half at the least if it goes completely horrible.

I emerge from my closet after putting on the suit and walk over to my jewelry organizer. Typically I don't wear much jewelry ever, but tonight's special.

I slip on the silver watch I received as a gift from my dad for my 25th birthday and add a couple gold rings before grabbing a pair of black leather loafers to wear.

Grabbing my cologne from off the countertop, I spritz the fragrance into the air a few times before walking into the mist.

Placing the fragrance back onto the counter I grab my phone and head downstairs. Per usual I call out to the dogs to say goodbye. The two of them dash over to where I'm at and cuddle near my feet.

I give them each a few scratches before leaving. I grab my keys and call Niall to him know I'm on my way.

———
WHOOP WHOOP chapter eleven is doneeee

———WHOOP WHOOP chapter eleven is doneeee

Here's my inspo for the suit. ^^

I also updated the cast-list! None of the faceclaims changed but I decided to redo how it looked!