SEVENTEEN- Welcome to the jungle.

Harry Styles

Time flies by fast and next week is already here. All the staff from the Jungle decided to pitch in and help with preparing the re-grand opening.

We managed to finish setting up early with two hours give or take before we open.

I decide to sit in the back room with Liam and Twyla while we wait. The music is blasting and people are starting to line up at the door already.

The loud music gets quieter as I as I make my way to the dressing room. Pushing the door open with my hip, I walk in to see Twyla and Liam, as well as a few other dancers getting ready as well.

I take a seat on the black velvet couch next to Liam and kick my feet up in the small coffee table.

"You ready for tonight?" Liam asks with a soft smile. Things between us aren't awkward like how I assumed they would be. We haven't really discussed the topic but it keeps us from arguing so I see it at a positive. Even though we really should talk about it.

I let out a small laugh. "I should be asking you that question. You're the one waiting tables, I just get to look sexy for a night. Which is something I don't have to strive for." I say with a cheesy smile.

Liam rolls his eyes before smiling. "Just remember we're essentially over-staffed tonight so if your sexiness starts to wear you down feel free to retreat back here." Twyla says ruffling her hands through my hair as she stands up and walks over to an empty vanity.

Everyone continues to get ready in peace for the night. Around thirty minutes before we open Tony comes in to go over shifts.

"Luna, Jess, Tyler, Dylan, you guys are on the floor first. Liam S, Jones, Zara, and May, you guys are first shift at the bar." Tony says scanning the room for everyones approval.

"Everyone else you go after they come back. I trust that you all work your shift and you don't hide back here the entire time." He says writing down on his clipboard. I swear he only uses it as decoration.

"If it gets too loud or too hectic go to my office. With that being said, have fun tonight and if we have any problems security is everywhere so find someone." He nods his head and walks out the door.

Everyone continues on with their conversations and getting ready. Before we know it we hear a knock at the door.

We all stare at each other in confusion, considering people just enter and don't bother to knock. "Uhh come in?" One of the guy performers says.

The door opens slowly to reveal one of the new security guards. "Doors are opening in two minutes. Get to your stations and get ready." Everyone says some form of "okay" and the first set of workers make their way out the door.

I opted to work the second shift because that's when the rich people come in. Plus it's also when drunk people get more generous with their tipping.

——-
Around 40 minutes passes by before Luna makes her way back into the dressing room.

"Back so soon?" Twyla says as Luna sits on an empty seat on the couch next to her.

Luna lets out a hefty sigh. "There's paparazzi outside. All the shouting gave me a headache."'

Paparazzi? What the hell are they doing here?

Twyla pats Luna on the back softly. "Do you need me to fill in for you on the floor?" She asks.

"If you want but-"

Before Luna can finish I speak up. "I'll go out. You two stay here."

I didn't really want to get an early start in my shift, but I needed to get out of that dressing room.