eight

Publishing this bc I can even tho I just published part seven

"They're going to what?!" Tsukki demanded, heart freezing as he turned to stare at his mother, hoping he'd heard her wrong.

"Well, at this point, Tadashi is only still alive because of machines," his mom explained, and Tsukki waved her on.

"I know that- but are they really going to-"

"I'm sorry, Kei. They're pulling the plug."

It didn't make any sense to Tsukki.

Yamaguchi was still alive, which meant he still had a chance to recover and be fine.

Why would they- his own family- practically kill him?

His mom grabbed him pulling him into a tight hug. Her head only came up to his shoulder now, but Tsukki still felt small and young in her arms.

He didn't cry.

Because he wasn't going to let them kill his best friend- the person he- the person Tsukki loved.

There, he admitted it.

Tsukki couldn't bear the thought of his world without Yamaguchi. Yamaguchi was his world, and Tsukki was not letting anyone take his world away.

As Tsukki lay in bed that night, his mind raced frantically for any sort of answer to save Yamaguchi.

It's not like I can smuggle him out of the hospital. And if I did stop his parents, what would that even do? They'd still be able to see Yamaguchi any time. I'd have to convince them not to, I guess.

Then there was the fact that still remained.

The fact that Yamaguchi may not wake up.

Tsukki forced himself not to thing about that. If he didn't think about it, maybe it wouldn't be true.

Sleep didn't come, but slowly, a plan did.

280 words