Chapter 6

Zacky's POV

Mary was going in town tonight with her best friend Gaby.

Mary didn't tell anyone about me, it has to stay a secret until I was completely a human.

Mary and I arrived home early this Friday afternoon since her teacher wasn't there at the last period. So Mary decided to walk home and skip school. So if Mary walks home I was walking home too.

It didn't bother me much because I liked walking with her, being by her side. I still couldn't believe that she really loved me. This girl that is so beautiful, intelligent, funny and just amazing. And her lips! I'm sure that they are the softess of the planet. This young woman was fascinating me.

During our walk we stop by the bank because Mary had to take out some money, as much as she needed it, it was scaring her to spend money. Because she didn't know when she will have a job and this was a huge stress for her. But she knew that she needed to go out.

When we arrived home, Mary took a shower and got out wearing black high waist skinny jeans with a black tank top.

She enter in her room and put on some music in her stereo.

The music of Lana Del Rey started to fill up her room as I was watching Mary's every move from her bed.

She open her drawers and started to look through her different tops.

"I don't know what to wear! It's either too tom-boy or too sexy" She say as her bottom lip got lower.

I sit up on her bed, letting my feet touch the floor on the side of her bed.

"Why don't you want to wear something sexy?" I ask her,

"Because I am going out and we are together so wouldn't it be disrespectful?" Mary answer frowning.

"No, I want you to go out and have fun and if some guy talks to you and all don't push him away and see what happens. I'll always be there anyway." I told her with a honest smile.

"Are you sure?" She asks again with an unsure expression as her hands slowly caresse my face where there was supposed to be a beard.

"Yes Mary, have fun. It's your night!" I told her.

I trusted Mary fully and even if she finds a guy tonight, my number one job is to protect her. To fall in love with Mary is something unexcepted.

Hear me out, I love her, but if she is happy with a human, then this will be.

When Mary was done and happy with her look I let out a sigh. She was really sexy in fact.

"But even like this I'm sure there'll be no one to talk to me" She say, without any precise expression.

"Well, if they don't it's because they are a bunch of blind stupid dick head. You are so ugh! No words" I say as I pull her into a hug, kissing her neck softly.

Then there was a knock on the door, it was Gaby. They talk for a little bit before taking their purses and go across the street to wait for the bus.

Everything went well, they took the subway to go in the big city across of theirs. They ate dinner and Mary had a good time.

When she was with her friend, I had the hability to make myself forget, Mary was only forgetting me for a moment and it was totally okay, it was my job as an angel.

When they got out in the dark streets, I saw a demon looking at Mary, but gladly she didn't see it.

Demons were half human and half mean spirit. That means that human like Mary, could see them and think that they are real human.

Seeing this demon made my wings spread wide around Mary.

The demon stop the time, everything was in extrem slow motion, except us. The demon approach closer to me,

"Such a beautiful, gentle and naive girl" The demon says looking at Mary with vicious eyes. I put one of my wings before his eyes so he couldn't see her,

"Get away from her" I say bumping up my chest, hoping he would just give up.

"You are so weak, grey and losing feathers like a sick bird" He say with his snake tongue, creeping his nails against my wings.

"Who will protect her like you do? Soon, you'll become a simple human, fragile and withouth any power around US! demons. I'm sure you haven't thought about this yet. Mister angel is in love and willing to give up everything for her, even her protection" he say before getting away to where he came from, leaving me with a hundred questions and suspicion in mind.

XX

Mary and Gaby made it back home safelly. As surprising as it was to me, no guys talked nor looked at her in any lovely way like I would of done towards her.

After getting home, Mary took another shower and came back in her room where I was waitting for her.

"I told you!" She said laying beside me under the blanket.

"Well, they are a bunch of dick heads" I say turning on my side to look at her, smelling her sent.

"Then if you become a human, you will maybe become a dick head too" Mary say, no smile on her face.

"That's impossible, I'm the sweetest guy ever. Angel or human!" I say making her smile as I kiss her soft shoulder.

Mary then turn on her side, facing me. She kiss me tenderly before she close her eyes and drifted into a heavy sleep.

I took a chance at that moment, knowing that nothing could happen to her in her bed. I left Mary's side and decided that fresh air would be good for me.

I didn't show it to Mary, but I needed to make a decision, weither I stay with her and she loses her only guardian angel to protect her, or I back away from Mary, only being a friend with her and she will be protected.

I was conscious that if I stay her gardian angel, it would broke her heart because I told her that I loved her.

I was walking into different streets of the neighboor hood, my mind was filled with pictures of Mary, all the happy moment she had with me and all the smiles I didn't see because she wasn't with me.

I feel so confuse even if I know that I love her and in the best way that no other man could do to her. But how was I suppose to protect her from ghosts and demonds?

I don't know what to do..