Chapter 3 - Ikatlong Yugto

The space between Marco's eyebrows narrowed after hearing Wayne's report from the headquarters of Lextallionez Security Agency. The HQ served him a voiced memorandum just now, ordering him to escort Carmina back to the Capital where the Andromidas will pick her up and bring her home...to the place far from his reach.

"Can you bug off my girl?" matigas niyang angil. "I will trade everything just to make her stay with me, let that sink in, Lacrimma."

"Hilarious, buddy...this isn't the time to play." Pinagtawanan lang siya ni Wayne na para bang nasiraan na siya nang bait.

Until the signal expired he was not able to put up a winning chance. His hand tensed against the phone he's holding. Muntik na niyang ibalibag sa ibaba ng kinaroroonang talampas ang cellphone.

No freaking way! They won't dare take away his woman. She is not one of the Andromida's domains anymore. The moment Carmina allowed him to strip bounding her paradise inside, she became his person.

Saglit niyang ipinikit ang mga mata at huminga nang malalim para ikalma ang sarili. The camp below flickers with energy and the native wind brought to where he is standing. Vast grassland laid like a breathing cover,  changing the deep green colors to light sophisticated emerald. Swayed by the breeze, exhibiting an attractive pattern of species.

"Marco?" Humahangos na boses ni Ruzzia na hinatid ng simoy ng hangin sa kaniya.

He tossed a lazy glance to her direction. Tutop nito ang dibdib at hinihigop ang oxygen na kailangan ng baga. The breeze is playing tricks on her hair thumbling down below her shoulders and touching her buttocks. Stray locks shimmering in the sunlight fell away from the black garterized headband. Tumingkad pa lalo ang namumula nitong mga pisngi na nababad sa init. 

"Gosh, I've been looking for you. The supplies will arrive tomorrow, Julito told me we need to make arrangements at the port? Baka raw may ibang kumuha sa mga kargamento." Pinunasan nito sa likod ng palad ang pawis sa leeg.

"Ako na ang bahala roon." Binawi niya ang paningin at ipinukol muli sa kawalan.

"What's wrong?"

"I haven't been treated this weak." He blew a cursed breath. "Never mind, it's nothing. Bumalik na tayo roon sa ibaba." Inakay niya ang babae patungo sa daraanan.

"For it to crumpled your face like that, it must be very nasty," komento nitong lumingkis sa kaniya habang pababa sila.

"Just a cheap knockoffs." And yet, his broken ass can't take it. When it comes to Carmina, every single thing becomes a big deal for him.

He is in love with that woman and he's afraid this is not the kind of emotion that he can easily handle like before. Kung hindi siguro sa open rejection na ipinadama ng dalaga sa kaniya, hindi siya mag-aalala ng ganito.

"Max, sa port, dating gawi!" he instructed Max guarding the loads of supplies wrapped in waterproof packaging. Galing iyon sa LUNA Foundation at hindi pa na-sort out ang laman.

"Isasama ko si Tonton."

"Bring two more guys from the Parola and don't forget your units, ask Tonio for the key?"

Tumango ito at nagmamadaling umalis.

"You can go ahead inside, hahanapin ko lang si Carmina." Baling niya kay Ruzzia na palakad-lakad at nakabandera sa ere ang cellphone para sumagap ng signal.

"Uh, still no service out here? May pumasok sana kaninang isang bar, nawala rin kaagad," angal nitong isinuko na ang pagbabakasakali at ipinasok sa bulsa nang itim na jumpsuit ang cellphone. "I need to do something para hindi ako ma-bored."