18

Chapter 18:

Yeonjun placed Beomgyu on his bed and parted his hair, admiring his face. His cheeks were stained with tears like that of a toddler.

"What have we done to ourselves? we were so innocent when it all started, now we're both cover with dirt of guilt and resentments", Yeonjun stated, clearly admiring the memories of his childhood he had in his head.

"To be honest Beomgyu, your sexuality never troubled me, but your liking for Taehyun always did, since you started liking him, our days spent together became lesser in number, we had less sleepovers, you were afraid to be seen with me at school because you were worried people would assume my sexuality because of you, but did you ever ask me what I wanted? what I felt? how hard it was for me to accept I might not be your first priority anymore? It's not your fault, it was mine to think that you don't care about me in the same way when you actually never changed", Yeonjun sighed, taking a break on his thoughts.

Beomgyu opened his eyes, feeling drowsy for some reason, he hadn't eaten the whole day, he was a sleep deprived person as well, he looked at Yeonjun and he felt a spark of energy within himself. Beomgyu sat up and said, "Hyung, thank you"
"Yeah?"
"Thank you for always being with me, no matter what happened"
"Go wash up"
"Alright, I'll assume you weren't talking about all those sentimental things a few seconds ago", Beomgyu yelled and ran to the bathroom, Yeonjun chuckled at the younger.

Yeonjun walked to the kitchen and looked for something to eat, he didn't find anything other than cup noodles.

Beomgyu walked out of the room and saw Yeonjun waiting for him with two cups placed in front of him.

Beomgyu ran towards Yeonjun, "What are we having?"
"Oh, this", Yeonjun pointed at the cups.

Both boys dig themselves into it and ate happily, chuckling once in a while. Yeonjun looked at Beomgyu with an adoring smile as the younger talked about how he was very strong mentally and would not be affected by anything that happened.

"Yeonjun, I have realized it's not that hard to let a person go, you can manage without a person"
"Mhm?"
"But when I think about you.."

"I won't be able to manage it", both boys said in sync. Beomgyu nodded, "I can choose you over anything else, you don't know how much you mean to me, I just-"
"Yeah, I love you too", Yeonjun stated and picked up the cups, as he walked towards the kitchen.

"Are you mad at me?", Beomgyu questioned. Yeonjun shook his head.

"Really?"
"yeah"
"Then why are you avoiding eye contact?"
"No I'm not", Yeonjun threw the cups and looked at Beomgyu.

Beomgyu said, "Are you tired, then?"
"Maybe"
"Why aren't you cheerful like usual?"
"Because Beomgyu, a person cannot always be the same"
"What do you mean?"
Beomgyu questioned as he walked towards Yeonjun.

It was like Yeonjun lost his ability to speak, he felt a choking sensation, and soon, tears started escaping his eyes. "Hyung, what's wrong?"
"N-nothing"
"Tell me. Stop lying."
"Gyu, it's just that..just that I feel insecure, about you, your actions towards me, our feelings, something inside me is telling me things I don't want to think about"
"What things?", Beomgyu held Yeonjun's face in his hands.

Yeonjun sighed, he was out of breath, "that I might just be a replacement to Taehyun and you might never see me as someone more than a best friend and-", Yeonjun sighed.

"That I won't be able to do anything-", Yeonjun was interrupted by a kiss on his lips, a soft one, purposely made to make Yeonjun lose his thoughts, and it worked. Yeonjun closed his eyes, somewhat relieved. Beomgyu pulled away and said, "I'm sorry, for never making you realize how important you actually are in my life and replace someone? No hyung, you have a permanent spot for yourself in my heart. I love you, I always have, it's just that some feelings wanted to stay hidden, or maybe I never let those latent feelings out. I always wanted to have you by my side, because maybe you as my boyfriend would have left me, but you as my best friend, well you can see it for yourself", Beomgyu clicked his tongue. Yeonjun's small smile appeared.

"But if I think about it now.."
"Yeah?"
"I believe my boyfriend could be my best friend"
"wait, isn't it supposed to be opposite?"
"the same thing"
both boys chuckled, Beomgyu cleaned Yeonjun's tears.

Both boys laid into Yeonjun's bed, fighting for the blanket which barely was able to cover their feet. Yeonjun giggled, "you're so annoyingly cute"
"shut up! don't butter me just because you want the blanket"
"I don't want the blanket"
"then? aren't you cold?"
"yeah, but I don't want the blanket", Yeonjun said sheepishly, beomgyu turned around with a confused expression. Yeonjun chuckled and pulled beomgyu closer, sniff-kissing his forehead.

"You've always been warm, no?"
"You're an ass"
"What did you say?"
"Goodnight, I really like you"
Yeonjun totally didn't expect that, his cheeks didn't too, beomgyu noticed the bright pink shade on Yeonjun's cheeks, the younger one chuckled and closed his eyes, drifting ever closer to Yeonjun.

thank you for checking out the story

thank you for checking out the story. hope you're enjoying.
have a good day! ♡
✄✄✄✄
[not proof-read]