Chapter 2

Thomas puffed away quickly. When he got to the station he saw Sir Topham Hatt looking cross. " Thomas! you were causing confusion and delay where were you? you were late! Percy had to take Annie and Clarabelle today instead. Because of that I expect you to take Percy's mail cars! No excuses" Sir Topham demanded. "yes sir" Thomas said feeling bad for causing trouble. "good, now hurry along, no reason to waste more time!" the fat controller said frustrated. He walked back away to the building that had his office.

Thomas coupled to the the mail cars and hurry along. He heard a whistle from behind him that scared him. It was spencer. he rolled his eyes at the sight of him. "Hello Thomas" he smirked at him. "what do you want Spencer" Thomas asked. "Oh nothing I was just noticing I was passing you it made me realize how faster I am than you" Spencer bragged. Thomas groaned annoyed. "leave me alone Spencer! I have mail cars to pull!" he yelled. "ah perfect small job for a small steam engine" Spencer teased him. "OKAY can you please! leave me alone!" Thomas said frustrated. "Thomas I challenge you to race me, I'm up for an easy win, unless you already want to forfeit because you know I will win"! the silver engine smirked.

Thomas glared at him annoyed. He didn't want Spencer to think he was not fast or strong enough. "fine, but first I need to put my mail coaches somewhere, it would not be fair if i had something holding me back and you didn't" Thomas said. "fine, but only because I know you will still lose" Spencer was trying to provoke him. Thomas found a small branch line to hide his cars, he backed up and got on the tracks next to spencer. "ready?" Spencer smirked.  "Ready" Thomas glared feeling the need to act confident. than they both raced. Spencer was only a few inches ahead of Thomas. Thomas raced on as fast as he could to keep up. soon he saw that Spencer's track led down a different path that led into some woods, he smiled realizing that the silver engine was to caught up focusing on winning against Thomas that he would end up going the wrong way. Thomas speed up as fast as he could and just as he was just about next to spencer. the silver engine disappeared behind a bunch of trees. Thomas hurried along a little just in case. when he no longer heard the steam of Spencer he puffed back laughing that he knew he was right. when he looked down the track spencer went through he took notice that it looked kind of frightening. It looked unused and looked like Spencer ran through many trees. he waited for Spencer so that he could laugh at him that he proved Spencer wrong, but that moment never came. He began to worry he thought the silver engine would of speed up back out right away when he realized he went the wrong way.  He noticed that it was starting to get rather late.  "Spencer? Thomas called out. No response.

suddenly, Thomas heard what he thought was a scream that was covered up by a loud mysterious whistle. Thomas's eye's widen. The whistle Henry was talking about. He suddenly saw something large and tall stare him in the eyes from a far distance. He immediately  puffed away forgetting about the mail cars he had to get home. He puffed as fast as he could as he heard another blow of a whistle from that engine. "Henry was right! there is an engine in the woods! AND HE SAW ME!" he yelled. he was still in fear when he got back at Tidmouth sheds.  "HENRY! I thought you said that engine in the woods you'd only hear it at night!" Thomas exclaimed to him looking afraid. The big green engine looked surprised at the mention of his story. "yes, because that's what I was told and when I heard it" Henry said. "Well the sun is just now starting to set and I just heard the whistle!

"WHAT?!" Henry yelled shocked. "YOU HEARD IT?!" He asked. "oh no, look what you've done Henry, now Thomas thinks its real!" Gordon complained. Percy gasped, shocked from what Thomas said.  "Thomas- I KNOW WHAT I HEARD! and and He looked right at me before I could puff away as fast as I could from those woods!" Thomas exclaimed interrupting Edward who was going to tell him other wise. "what?" Edward questioned. "you saw the engine?" Emily asked. "wait, the stories aren't true, tell me what happened" Edward requested. "perhaps there is a more realistic explanation than some secretive train" James suggesting annoyed. "those creepy stories aren't real!" he stated. "they are real!" Henry and Thomas yelled at the same time. "go on Thomas tell me what happened" Edward said gently. "Well I actually spoke to Diesel who was really worried today first" Thomas started. "Diesel?" James looked question. "why on earth would you need to talk to him?" Gordon asked.

"Don't be so... hateful towards them, that will give them the right to do so back and we know how they can be" Thomas said. "Thomas your getting side tracked"  Edward sighed. "OH right sorry, So Diesel looked worried and I asked him what was wrong which he was hesitant to tell me at first until he told me that Diesel 10 had disappeared last night" Thomas said. Percy and Henry looked surprised. "Disappeared?" they questioned. "good its about time he was removed from this island, he causes to much trouble!" Gordon said firmly. James agreed.

"no guys you aren't listening , he said that Diesel 10 had gone missing yesterday, but the days before apparently for weeks every night he had been going out secretively meeting up with a unknown engine, Diesel told me he refused to tell any of the diesels the name of this engine. Apparently after a while he started showing up with small injuries, but he said every night he went out he would come back but this time he didn't , Diesel said he and the other diesels have been looking for him all day but have not been able to find him" Thomas paused. Edward looked at the others with actual surprise. "Diesel 10 is a big and strong engine, so if something has happened to him, than that can only mean trouble" Edward said. "something more troubling than Diesel 10?" James questioned. "yes" Edward nodded. "tell us more" Edward said looking back at Thomas.