Chapter 8

(( still warning, it's kind of scary/kind of descriptive on gore aspects but not too detailed.

They were both quick but quiet; they were not sure where Hiro could be. They heard an alarming whistle  close to where they just were. "DIESEL 10!" WHERE ARE YOU!?" Hiro called out. This time there was real anger in his voice. Thomas began to run he gripped onto Diesel 10's hand and made sure to never let go. They both ran quickly. Thomas was trying to find the train tracks and had hoped following those would lead him back out but the woods suddenly felt larger and darker than when he first saw them. They both heard a loud whistle behind them. Thomas felt 10 try slowing down and pulling away. " NO! I'M not leaving you, Diesel!" He whispered. " I'm holding you back," 10 said. " no! Come on!" Thomas said, still pulling him along. But they both felt like Hiro was getting closer. Suddenly they tripped over something and both fell into some tall bushes. They heard a squeak under them and tried moving out of the way. Thomas tried to stand back up before being pulled back down. Someone was holding him back. He looked for 10, he felt him against him as well. They heard Hiro loudly run by them but soon it was quiet again. All they could hear was their breathing. "That actually... was a really good plan Thomas" Diesel said " that wasn't me" Thomas replied. "Shh!" They both heard a voice. Thomas looked next to them. It was Donald. " If you keep yapping.  he'll find you for sure and then you won't make it" he said. " Who's that?" 10 questioned. " It's Donald, he's one of the Scottish twins," Thomas whispered. " Aye.... I was, but I... I no longer have a twin. He killed my poor brother...cut open his face and punch a whole in his chest. Tore what ever he could he found use of from him. He cried out for me... but I couldn't save him. He tried to finish me off but he heard a voice and ran off and left me behind. since the accident I've been laying here waiting for him to find me again hoping he'd just finish me off.. but he never did" Donald said in a very sad tone. "He probably would of come back to finish you off if Thomas didn't show up. He kept eating parts of the steamies he didn't use" 10 commented quietly. He heard Donald Gasp a bit and a quiet squeal. Thomas elbowed him to be quiet. "I'm so sorry Donnie.... You, none of you deserved this. look, we need to get you out of here too, I need to get you both out of these woods, safe... I can't believe this was happening at all, and no one even knew Hiro was on this island" Thomas apologised sympathetically. "why not just leave me here, and save yourself? I'm nothing without my sibling" He whined. " That's not true! I know it will be hard without him but we need you too, and especially since you are alive, we need you" Thomas said. " I saved him once... but I failed this time, why do I have to be the one remaining, it shouldn't have been me..." Donnie cried. "Quiet it. If you both keep talking that loud, we will be getting nowhere and none of us will live" Diesel 10 said. " Not that it would matter if I did, but Thomas is important to the railway and so are you". The three quietly stood up. " It would matter if you were gone, both of you!" Thomas whispered at 10. Diesel said nothing. Thomas grabbed a hold of Diesel and Donnie. He led them both. Both engines behind him were reluctant but they still followed. Soon to the silent delight of Thomas, they found the tracks again. Before Thomas stepped out, Donnie pulled on him. "Wait, standing right out there will make us visible like sitting geese. He'll easily see us. Maybe just follow the line" Donald recommended. "good idea" Thomas was quick and followed the line, but was careful to be quiet. The two engines behind him followed. They kept going, but near the distance they heard Hiro's whistle. They stayed low.  Thomas began to recognize where he was. He began to run faster. He started to see it brighter. He stepped out into the middle of the track, the other two followed quietly. Donald shivered. The continued getting closer to the exit until behind them Hiro walked out. "  Look what I found, what joy!" He sounded oddly excited. "This game has been quite fun, and I've enjoyed it, Thomas, but I won," he said. "No you haven't!" Thomas whistled loudly. Hiro took a few steps forward. "Still so full of pride aren't you, Thomas? I wonder what that pride tastes like" Hiro said in a sinister tone. Thomas pushed 10 and Donnie out of the way behind him. " You two RUN!" He said. " No, Don't think I'm going anywhere!" 10 said. Donnie stayed out. Suddenly Thomas felt himself being grabbed from behind. " I won't be going anywhere without you," Diesel 10 continued. He held Thomas in his arms. Thomas was confused. " No 10 you're in no condition against him!" Thomas called out. Diesel 10 growled. Before either he or Hiro could do anything. they heard different voices. " Thomas!" They heard a voice call out. Thomas whistled loudly, still in Diesel 10's arms. Suddenly Edward puffed up the track in his engine form. Behind him, Duck followed. They stopped in front of the four. " Edward! Oh, am I glad to see you!" Thomas said. Donald looked at him shocked. "Duck!" He called out in surprise. Thomas looked back. Hiro was gone. Diesel 10 walked forward. " Thomas, Donald, ... Diesel 10??" Edward said, half surprised by the other two. " Please we need to get out of here. Donnie and Diesel 10 are badly hurt" Thomas said in alert. " They are? Come on then! Let us all get out of here!" Duck called out. When they came out of the woods. The sun seemed like it had just started to rise. Diesel 10 tilted his head up at the sky. Thomas looked up at him sympathetically. He wondered what he was thinking, he knew he could feel the change of temperature and the breeze, But he felt sad for him that he could no longer see the pretty sky. He thought back to the forest. Please never let this happen to anyone else, Thomas said to himself.  Thomas quickly remembered he was still in Diesel 10's arms. " Uh... 10, you can put me down now," Thomas said. " OH, sorry" He said sitting Thomas back down on his feet. "Let's all go now" Edward said.