Chapter 4: Hello Again

Ellie's PoV

Ellie's PoV

I was currently being paged to follow another nurse I just met, Haleh (aka a total sweetheart), as I walked into the room.

"Hey I got your page, what's going-"

I looked up to see my estranged father staring at me right in the eye, "Hello again Eleanor."

I took a sigh, "Hello Dad."

Haleh looks over at me, "You got this case? I'll page someone else if needed?"

I shook my head, "No. I'm good. What's he in here for?"

"Passed out at home. Seems to be dehydration."

I nodded, "Let's start an IV with fluids to get some in him. We'll keep an eye on him."

Haleh nods before walking off to get the IV started as I came face to face with my dad, "Ten years."

He nods, "You look great. Haven't changed a bit."

I quickly swallowed my pride as that good day, suddenly became sour, "I was having a good day."

"You're still-"

"Of course I'm still upset! Grandma, Bobby, and I practically raised John while you and mom partied heaven knows where!"

Dad just looked down before I look at him, "When you see me, don't talk to me. Don't even look at me. And I'm your estranged daughter."

I was on my way out as Haleh finished the IV before dad yelled out, "At least I wouldn't screw around."

I suddenly felt the anger raising up in me before looking at him, "I'm not loose. Don't you dare accuse me of something like that?!"

I stormed out of the room on the verge of tears as I saw Mark about to speak, "Don't talk to me," I said walking towards outside.

I sat down on the sidewalk before turning my hands into fists taking deep breaths. Well trying to. It's hard to when you're sobbing and choking on your own air.

"Oh my God Ellie!" I looked up seeing Carol running towards me, "Are you having a panic attack?"

I gasped for air having trouble swallowing before nodding.

Carol took my hands in hers, "Okay try to breathe for me. Breathe in."

I took one breath in.

"And out."

I let the breath out.

After a few moments of that, she looked at me, "What happened?"

I sighed putting my hands on my face, "I saw my dad and he accused me of screwing everyone."

She looked over before shaking her head, "That's a horrible thing to say to your daughter," she said rubbing my back.

"What's a horrible thing to say?"

We turned around to see Mark standing there.

I sighed, "I didn't mean to get upset at you earlier."

He nodded, "It's okay. I kind of figured something happened when I heard yelling by the door."

I sighed, "I'll just summarize it. He called me loose."

Mark apparently bit his tongue and he looked really upset before I heard Carol whispering, "Not now."

Mark sat down next to us, "Look we all dealt with emotional pain before. I've been divorced."

Carol nodded, "Doug brought a new woman to the ER that had a seizure. It kinda hurt cause I loved him in my own way. He cheated on me years ago."

Mark smiled, "See you're not alone. You got two friends who's on Team Ellie."

I smiled before looking at them, "Thanks you guys," I stood up, "I think I better get back to work."

"Are you sure?" Carol asked.

I nodded before Mark playfully saluted me, "Go be happy Ellie."

"I will," I smiled before heading towards the ER entrance doors.

----------

(This was a shorter chapter since it was an continuation from the last chapter. Regardless, enjoy!)

 Regardless, enjoy!)