Chapter 8: Shopping Break

Wholesome Mark and Ellie content after Susan leaves. Includes grocery shopping as apparently a second date.

I'm trying to go my own path, but I will include parts of episodes :)

Also, I'm thinking of making some manips. I don't know yet. I'm just thinking about it.

Nevertheless, enjoy! From, Emma!

-----------

----------Ellie's PoV

----------
Ellie's PoV

"I never thought Susan would leave," I said to Carol as we both finished up our shift.

"You and me both. I'm gonna miss her."

I nodded before I saw John's friend Dennis pacing in the hallway looking upset.

I excused myself before walking over to him, "Hey Dennis."

Dennis looks up, "Hey Female Carter! You're looking good."

"Thanks, how have you been?"

Dennis sighed running his hand down his face, "Benton's tough. I expected that. But he treats me unfairly sometimes. I hate it."

"I'm so sorry," I said putting his hand on his shoulder, "Would you like me to give him a talking?"

"No, but thank you. You should go, I'll be okay. Dr. Greene has been asking about you since he got back from the train station."

I smiled softly, "Take care Kid," I pat his shoulder before heading over to the front desk where I saw Mark reading a file.

I smirked before sneaking up behind him before covering his glasses with my hands, "Guess who?!"

Mark laughed before he puts the file down, "Dr. Ellie Carter."

"Bingo!" I cheered removing my hands and standing right next to him. We have agreed to keep things casual, but around the workplace, we decided to kept things to a minimum. While only a certain amount of people know: Carol, and okay that's it. Only Carol.

I smile, "Gant told me that you wanted to see me."

Mark nods, "Yes. I got a trauma I want you to see. I think the patient might need surgery. I need a second opinion and if you agree, I'll get Benton on it since he's scheduled for the rest of the night. And second, I got Rachel coming to spend the night with me and I need your help grocery shopping."