My beloved summer 1

Today I'm presenting you a romance spread between the present and the past by @Alica_thesweety, a story about being or not being brave enough to stand for your love. It's the author's first book, but you will see the talent and maturity of @Alica_theseety writing. During the workshop, from the very beginning the author had a clear vision where the story is heading and what the goal to portray is. With systematic hard work, an open mind to learn @Alica_theseety is an amazing writer I had the opportunity to work with. I hope you'll enjoy the story as much as I do.

Chapter 1
You

All my muscles were aching and the night's winter breeze made a shiver run down my spine while I was driving through the busy Seoul streets after a hectic day at work.The bright lights of the supermarket invited me to get something to feed my growling stomach. The good thing about Seoul is, the city is always active like sunlight, even at night, so the shops were still open.I parked my car and slowly walked up to take a cart from the entrance, little children were surrounding the chocolate section like honey bees lured in by a honeycomb, the families scattered around the shop all smiling.I wish I could also smile like that with my beloved one, my first love, the reason why I was single. Pathetic right?

Such a sentimental man is still stuck in the past.The smell of fresh and warm Dwaeji Gukbap (Pork Soup) from the nearby shop reminded me of my hometown, where I had met the person whose pretty smile prevented me from falling for anyone other than him.I pitifully chuckled at my silliness, while I was busy searching for the ramen section. I slowly dragged my heavy feet there to pick out all the brands of ramen I loved.Reading over the package of extra spicy noodles I caught a mop of black hair just a meter away.

My tired eyes must have been deceiving me, as it couldn't be, the crinkling eye smile I adored and the plump lips which taste I still remember as if it was yesterday, all here in a supermarket alley. Maybe this isn't true, I told my gone crazy brain. He isn't here, I am just hallucinating. All those thoughts rushed through me like a storm. I came back from my reverie only when an old ajumma tapped my hand, asking me to move from her way.

I was standing there for real, not in my dreamland, looking at the man, who had left me stranded.

He was as beautiful as he was that day, but a bit more manlier with a dark-blue buttoned down shirt, looking as handsome as the day when I first saw him, wearing a blue t-shirt and swimming shorts while playing in the sea. Maybe I'll have my happy ending, maybe I can hug him one last time, or maybe we can get a short conversation after years, but does he even remember me?

My mind was on fire. I was suddenly so scared of the possibility of him not remembering me, my palms become sweaty, so I just decided to take a leap of faith. The voices in my head became too loud when I took a step closer to him, he was the only thing that my vision perceived. He dropped the vegetables that he was inspecting and suddenly his eyes were searching for someone as if he had noticed my gaze. He is as curious as he was, my mind whispered while I was nearing him stumbling like a drunk man.

Maybe if Jin hyung hadn't woken me up early that day, my fate wouldn't have been to stand here, in a busy supermarket and stare at the man who had once left me. Maybe I wouldn't have been that pathetic lunatic believing in one unfulfilled love, I am today.

💜