Trial of Balls! *Snicker*//Chapter 87

"What should we do...?"

"Okay! Let's go with balls! Doesn't it sound fun?"

Faythe muffled a small giggle, "Balls—!" She cackled out, slapping her knee, "It's such a funny word!"

"This is a trial! How can it be fun!?" Sanji reprimanded.

"But... I choose balls, too! It's the only one that doesn't sound violent... I hope..."

"Fine!! It's decided then...!! But we have to be careful. This is God's Island 10,000 meters above the ground! No one knows what kind of things can happen here!"

With that Usopp pressed down on the pedal and turned the gondola towards the Trial of Balls.

Faythe placed a foot on the front crow head with a finger pointed forward, "Onwards men, towards the entrance of balls—!!" She laughed.

"Let's go!!!" Luffy cheered alongside her.

As they entered through the arch, it became pitch black, Faythe instantly latched onto the nearest person next to her, which was Sanji.

Sanji glanced at Faythe and saw that seemed to be staring off into space, "Hm? Faythe-chan?

"Sorry, but uh, I'm practically blind in the dark. I can't see shit because of the parrot in me." She laughed nervously.

Luffy glanced over at Faythe with a raised brow, "Really? So you can't see me or the others?" He waved a hand in front of her face and proceeded to make a silky face.

"Nope."

Sanji turned to see Usopp with his eyes shut tight, "Hey, Hey, the driver should keep his eyes open!"

"Aah... They're open, but it's still pitch black..."

"Hey... Doesn't this remind you of something?"

"Huh!? What is it?"

"There were four entrances, right?" Luffy patted Faythe on the shoulder to know where he was, "Maybe some hit and some miss!"

"HUH!?"

"Like the lucky and unlucky kind of doors?"

"Why are you saying this now!? What happens when you miss?"

"...If you miss... Oh! I know! You'll fall off of Sky Island."

"DON'T SAY THAT! YOU WANT TO FALL!?"

At the end of the tunnel, a light could be seen as the exit to this pitch darkness. Her eyes slowly adjusting to the light and barely lit figures of her crew mates.

"WE'RE 10,000 meters above the blue sea!!"

"Do you know how many times you'll see your life flash before your eyes by the the time you hit the ground!??"

"Stop babbling, you guys..."

Faythe waved them off with a giggle, "I'm sure Luffy's words would jinx us...." She trailed off as the gondola shot off the milky road and only reached a cliff that had nothing below it for 100's of miles down.

Everyone felt their stomachs drop and eyes bulge out of their eyes as they all thought that Luffy's words came true, including the Captain himself.

"Huh!?"

"EEH!?"

"NO~~!! THIS CANT BE HAPPENING—!!!"

Faythe gritted her teeth as she felt the gondola slowly fall with gravity, "Parrot Transformation: Beast Form—!!" She shouted in quick panic.

Her body twisted into the creature and she latched her talons onto the side of the gondola to try and slow its momentum.

The weight of the boat and her crew itself truly did put a strain on her arms and legs as she tried to fly upwards.