Part 7: Freetime

The two of them went back to their dorm, to Jamie's room. "My mom put this picture in my suitcase," Jamie said, opening the door for Liam, then following him in. "I wasn't sure what it was," He walked over to his dresser and picked it up. "But I think I do now." He showed it to Liam. "Oh, that picture was taken at the park," Liam laughed, sitting down on Jamie's bed. "You wanted to ride on my back." Then he paused, "That was before..." he looked at his hands, "This happened." Jamie looked at his hands. The way the bandages were wrapped seemed uncomfortable. It looked hard to bend his fingers. He wondered how he held a pencil. "Can I..." Jamie hesitated, "Can I see them?" He sat beside him. Liam held his hand out to him. Jamie started to unravel the bandages. "Everytime I use my Spark, it burns again." Liam said. His wings tensed up and he winced as Jamie ran his fingers over them. "S-sorry!" Jamie apologized quickly, then continued slowly. His forearm was completely charred, and some places were still bloody. He unraveled the other hand, then sat crisscrossed in front of Liam. Liam met his gaze, already knowing what he was going to do. "You...you think it'd work?.." "I can only try." Jamie replied, sliding his hands around Liam's wrists, the blood dripping onto them. Liam seemed scared, but he nodded. White vines glowed through his arms, wrapping them slowly. Jamie closed his eyes, then moved his hands to the other side of Liam's arms. The vines seeped in, and only a slight color difference was left. Liam stared at his hand while Jamie opened his eyes. He turned him back and forth repeatedly, "It's gone.." He looked at Jamie, shocked. "Thank you..." Jamie smiled, watching him with tired eyes. "Are you okay?" Liam asked. Jamie nodded, "Yes, it's just when I heal someone, It takes a lot of energy." "Oh." Liam paused, "I'll leave you to sleep then." He headed for the door, then turned around. "Thanks again, Jamie. It feels a lot better." Jamie smiled, "Of course, just remember that you can still burn yourself, so be careful." Liam nodded, "Cya later." He closed the door. After switching into sweats, Jamie crawled into bed. He got up later, around 4. Jamie opened the door, and Keith and Liam both looked at him. "Oh, hey!" Keith smiled from the countertop, "You're up." Liam was standing in the center of the room. He looked like he was ready to go somewhere. "Hey..." Jamie rubbed his face, walking into the kitchen. "How'd you sleep?" Liam asked. "Not very well, I kept waking up." Jamie replied, pouring water into a kettle. He set it on the stove and turned around. "I had this weird feeling in my chest the entire time." "Hm," Keith stepped onto the floor, "did it hurt?" "No, it just felt like a weight was on me." Then he laughed, "Nevermind, it's not a big deal." Then he realized that he didn't know if they had tea. "Uh.." Liam walked up and opened a drawer with tea packets in it. "Oh, thanks." Jamie smiled at him. He nodded, then turned up the heat on the stove. Keith studied them, "Soooo, you've know each other for a while, right?" "Uh, yeah," Jamie replied, "I don't really remember much though." "Oh, why's that?" Keith asked, ignoring Liam's glare. Jamie shrugged, "Not really sure." He poured the hot water into a cup. Liam set another cup down, putting a tea packet in it, so Jamie filled that one up too. Keith yawned, "Well, I hope you remember I guess." He walked over to the hallway, "I'm gonna go find Corrin. He's probably at the Library." "Why would he be at the Library?" Liam asked, picking up his tea. "There's computers there." Keith said, walking out. Jamie laughed. "What?" Liam walked over and sat on the couch. Jamie followed him, sitting crisscrossed, "Going to the Library.. For the computers." He snickered. Liam smiled, turning the TV on. They talked for a bit as it got later. Eventually, Keith and Corrin got back around 8. Liam glanced at Jamie, realizing he was falling asleep. "You can go to bed if you want." Jamie shook his head, "No, I'm fine." They watched TV for a bit longer, but Jamie had fallen asleep quickly, his head resting on Liam's shoulder. Liam wrapped his wing around him.