Chapter 2

"Uh oh..."

Warnings: None
{Y/N 1st POV}

"Hey h... w..ake up...!"

I shot up, eyes wide open.

"Huh?! What happened?" I gasped.

Splinter was sitting to my right, face full of worry. I narrowed my eyes in confusion.

"Um, well... From the looks of it, the demon came out again." Splinter replied awkwardly.

I finally realized what he said. My heart sunk when I saw the room around me trashed and messed up. How could I let this happen?

"Damn it..." I groaned, putting my hand to my face.

"Hey, hey! It's okay, at least your drawer is fine!"

Now how is the drawer—? Nevermind. Damn inner-demon. Damn drawer. Out of all the times Splinter personally comes to my room is when this happens? Wait. Why is he here? He usually wants to go to a different part of the sewers if he wanted to spend time with me. Only in important times has he came to my room.

"Uh, dad?" I cleared my throat. "Why are you here?"

Splinter just stared at me for a moment.

"I— I MEAN NOT IN A RUDE WAY!! Like you only visit when something important happens like when it's a gift giving day or when you talknonestopaboutthatoneninjashowyoualwayswatch... (talk nonstop about that one ninja show you always watch)"

He chuckled, "No, actually. I was... I just came here to ask you a question. It's not that suitable to ask it anymore though—"

"What is it? You can ask me. Please." I insisted. Not allowing a simple question to wait for an unnecessary amount of time.

"Okay, okay. Fine. It's just been a really long time. You've been in here for so long with no contact with anyone. I just thought maybe..."

He doesn't mean—

"...you could finally meet the turtles."

My eyes widened. I mean, of course I would! I'd love to. But the whole demon situation... the reason why I was living here instead of with them in the first place was because of my demon. I had no control over it and I could seriously hurt them.

Splinter saw my silence as a form of understanding of why it wouldn't be the right time to meet them. If only I had just taken my medication this morning, maybe everything would have been alright. It's even been quite a long time since I transformed into the demon so I thought I was doing so good controlling it.

He smiled sympathetically, "Maybe someday. I know you'll learn to control the demon."

It was as if he knew exactly what I was thinking. I chuckled at him.

"Alright old man," I said jokingly, "You should get going to taking care of the few. I'm gonna clean this place up."

I stood up and helped Splinter get up too. We said our farewells for the day and then he left. I closed the door behind me and took a big sigh.

What would have happened if I didn't turn into the demon today? Honestly, the thought that I could have met the turtles turned out to be a frightening thing. I mean, what would they think of me? I stalked them everyday for years and could kill them at any point if not careful.

Then there's the fact that I have never interacted with someone else in my life. What would I say? What would I do? How am I suppose to act?

There was a feeling of relief deep inside that I didn't have to meet them, at least today.

Welp—!

I straightened my back.

We've got cleaning to do!

It was too bad that some of my books and clothing were destroyed. Everything else was left safe in the drawer. Good.

I picked up all the torn up things I could carry and headed out through the sewers to dispose them in a safe place.

The walk was pretty nice, I had all my thoughts to myself. As always. Okay, y'k what? I'll be honest- it was REALLY boring. Tunnel after tunnel. Basically never ending.

Finally, I recognized a landmark that indicated to me that I was close. Before I could step any further, I saw something in the corner of my eyes to the left.

I turned my head. It was as if everything became slow motion.

All the things I carried slipped out of my hands onto the floor.

...Shit

It was Donnie.