Epilog

He watched as the tiny fist found the inky blue / black hair. It curled its chubby fingers around the strands. Allen flinched as the little hand tugged downward.

"Ouch, you little devil!" There was a softness to the tone the pale man hadn't heard before. He grinned as he tried hard not to laugh. It didn't help. The way Kanda's face scrunched up as the baby pulled his hair again made him chuckle. This led to pain shooting up from his abdomen. Allen hunched over as a coughing fit started.

"Hey!" Strong hands were on his shoulders. They didn't try to pull him back. Instead a soft voice spoke in his ear.

"Just breathe, love." Quietly the words in, out were repeated over and over in his ear.

The coughing subsided. He was able to draw in a breath. It didn't hurt too much. Carefully he drew in a few more breaths. Slowly he was able to straighten up. He leaned back in to the strong arms holding him. He glanced to the red head in the doorway.

Lavi, apparently, was a baby whisperer. He bounced the small diapered bundle easily in his arms. Cooing to the little infant. It sounded like he was singing a lullaby. Kanda rested his chin on his mates shoulder.

"That sucks, you know that right?" he whispered to Allen.

"What? Our child having a loving uncle?" he asked.

"It's the uncle they chose." Kanda snorted.

"I heard that Yu!" Lavi said not raising his voice from the soft cooing the baby was listening to.

"Don't call me Yu!" Kanda hissed. Lavi chuckled.

"Why, you won't do anything while I hold your son." He smirked up from his tilted position. The baby's fist was grasped firmly in his red locks. Allen saw the green eye wince closed. Kanda snickered behind him.

"You're mean." Allen kissed the chiseled jaw. Kanda turned his head at the last minute. The soft lips of his mate fell onto his own. He cupped one hand up behind the messy white head. Holding him in place he reveled in the kiss. It sent butterflies through his stomach as his nerves zinged with happiness.

Today he was grateful to Lenalee. He knew, now why it had been important for them to marry properly. He would never forget that day. It was spring. The cherry blossoms were in full bloom.

Levi and Krory had built a wooden arch structure for the couple to wed under. Tidal had taken the class to become ordained. At first Kanda wanted to marry in their small garden. It took many, many people to convince him it wasn't big enough. In the end it was Allen's refusal to not attend if the dark warriors didn't listen, that changed Kanda's mind.

They were wed in Eden. A place Kanda had thought was long in his past. Standing under that arch, smelling the scent of the cherry blossoms, he knew there wasn't any other place for this to take place. His adoptive father stood before him. The music had changed as Nea and Lavi walked out of the house.

They separated once they reached the base of the arch. Lavi turning to stand beside Kanda, Nea moving to the still vacant side of the arch. Lenalee and Miranda came out next. Lenalee taking her place beside Lavi. Johnny was all in tears as he walked out with Daisya. Kanda snorted but his attention soon left the sniveling little man.

The music changed to a slower march. Everyone stood, blocking Kanda's view of the walkway. He wanted to run down shoving everyone out of the way. Instead a hand stilled him. He knew Tidal wouldn't have reached out to him like that. His blue eyes met the green of the dumb bunny. Yet, even that didn't keep him long. He swirled his head back.

Allen was coming down the aisle. His stomach was rounded with the child, but not overly so, yet. He wore a sharp black tux that set apart his pale features. His hair was pulled back in a blue ribbon, the color matched Kanda's eyes. Those eyes locked to the small figure. Komui walked the pale man up to his mate.