Chapter 1

Dipper dropped his bags on the bed, starting to stretch a little. He was really happy to finally arrive at the shack, the bus ride from Piedmont is pretty long and not the most comfortable one either. He quickly took a look at the room, seeing that nothing had moved since last summer, other than Soos might have dusted the room before they arrived.

He left out a little chuckle when he heard Mabel in the other room talking to the phone loudly, most likely with one of her friends. He got out of his room, walking toward the other one present in the attic. At some point, they had to split room, question of privacy, and everyone realised that there was actually a room up there, even if it was mostly used as a storage room. It hadn't taken long for them to change it into somewhere Mabel could live for the summer.

He knocked on the open door, waiting for his twin to signal him he could get in, entering and sitting at the desk. Now that he was focusing more on what Mabel was saying, she seemed to be talking with their Grunkles. He then looked a little concerned, hoping nothing bad had happened. Mabel seemed to sense his concern since she offered him a smile with a thumbs up, not wanting his brother to worry himself for nothing.

"They are going to arrive a little later than scheduled" finally said the young woman when she told them goodbye and hanged up, "Nothing to worry about, just some car problem on the way here, after all the Stanmobile isn't young anymore" she commented with a laugh, gaining a laugh from her twin. No, that car wasn't young anymore and it had been through a lot of stuff through the years.

"Well, at least they are doing fine and we know they were already on the road" said Dipper with a smile, standing up again. "You know if Soos needs our help?". The young man had noticed the work Soos seemed to be doing to this old shack, supposing he took some days off doing tour before the tourist season. The more they were to work on it, the quicker he could finish. But he only received a shrug from Mabel, as she didn't ask when they spoke with the man at their arrival.

So the twins both went to join Soos, finding him in the gift shop working on some light. "Hey Soos, you need some help with your work?" asked Mabel happily.

"No dudes" smiled the older man from the top of it ladder "You two must be exhausted from the travel and I'm already nearly finished, thanks to this little dude" he explained while pointing toward Kevin, one of Wendy's little brother, who was cleaning the store. The twins smiled, amused that it was yet again a Corduroy that was helping in the gift shop. After all, Wendy had to leave for college, even if she was visiting for the summer when she could.

"Well, if we are not needed~" sing sang Mabel as she was reaching for her phone, calling one of her friends already. Dipper's choice that he would rather go relax and unpack his bags. Once he was upstairs, he spied a little to see whom Mabel had called, making him smile when he saw a really expensive car pull in front of the shack. Pacifica wasn't a really surprising pick.

It took him a couple of minutes to unpack his clothes, then going for his books and computer. He finished with his journals, going for yet another year to hide them in the chest under some clothes, right at the bottom. He couldn't have Ford find them, especially after they destroy the original journals after the whole weirdmageddon thing. Well, let say he might have made copies of most of the pages before Ford could destroy it and created his own journals to keep track of what he could find while exploring. How could he have left so many great information go to waste?

He stood up when everything was done, looking around as he was searching what to do now, especially now that Mabel was gone, that Soos didn't need him for now and that the Grunkles were still on the road. Is eyes then stopped on the triangular window, reminding him of events from which he had mixed feelings about. He seemed to hesitate, before going for the idea that came to his mind.