Chapter 8

A week went on like this, staying away from the shack the most they could, Mabel bringing them things they might need. They were able to go with their motel idea only for two days, as the young woman had obligated them to stay at Pacifica house. Of course, the Northwest girl only accepted because Mabel was the one asking, she made it pretty clear. But Dipper wouldn't spit on that, he was still happy to have somewhere better to stay at, even if it was literally just for the night, going out early in the morning and getting back late.

They also tried to see if Bill finally had enough power to open a portal back to his how dimension, but it was still not enough and for the brief moment he managed to it was too small and was exhausting him quickly. So they were passing nearly all their time at the pond, which wasn't that bad with the good weather they had.

Dipper was also happily surprised to see himself heal a little quicker because of it, the dream demon trying to show him some spell that could help too in the future. More he was practising, better he was getting at it and more magic he could keep with him. They supposed it was because his body had never needed it before but since he was now using magic he should have more in reserve.

He was even able to keep on doing some research since other creatures were coming to the pond. He was even able to approach some of them, often helped by Bill so they wouldn't be too scared of the human, though a lot of them were more scared by the demon presence. It was really annoying to Bill, but he could probably not do much about it, so in those time he was letting Dipper run around, taking note for his journal, it was still pretty entertaining to watch.

As for the present time, they were both laying on the grass, letting the sun warm them as they were charging up from a little fight they had for fun. Obviously, Dipper knew the demon wasn't using most of his power nor was he using any of his skill to fight him. Sure the human was getting good at it, but he wasn't even close to being able to beat a demon that was created way before his family lineage was started.

"You're getting good at it" commented Bill with a laugh, playfully ruffling the human hair. "You will be able to explore the forest of Gravity Falls even more" he added. "I doubt being that powerful, but thank you for the compliment" chuckled Dipper.

"Then you will just have to call for me and I will come for you" said the demon without really thinking, Dipper suddenly a little quiet at the suggestion. He turned towards the demon, looking at him unsure "And what tell me you would actually come back to me if I call for you?" asked Dipper with uncertainty in his tone.

The Demon looked back at him, surprised by the turn this conversation was taking. Well, he guesses he could see where this was all coming from, he was a demon after all and since he was back all he wanted was to get back to his dimension, or at least it was what he wanted, he wasn't sure anymore. "Of course Pine Tree, I'll be there to protect you" he said with a small smile.

But they both knew he couldn't say for sure. Bill had never felt any emotions in all his life and he had the feeling all those emotions he had towards Dipper would go away once back in his original form. They stayed quiet for a moment, looking at each other.

No, truly he wanted to stay here, but he couldn't do that, he had a job to do and Dipper wouldn't be on earth forever. This thought was somehow making him feel even sadder and angry at this situation. Maybe he could find a way, but for now, it was looking so impossible.

He was taken out of his thought by the arm of Dipper suddenly dragging him in a hug, the younger one going to hide against his neck. "Hey don't look so sad" said Dipper feeling as if he should be the one about to cry here. He didn't even know why this whole situation was making him cry, why it was hurting so much to think about Bill going away.