Chapter 5

Days went by and Dipper had to juggle with all those situations while walking on eggs shell. He had to lie and keep up with said lies, make sure Bill was staying hidden, even if it was starting to get on the demon's nerves. He had to tell about that new person Dipper had met, only twisting a little the truth so he wouldn't feel too guilty to hide it from Mabel. He also had to make sure he wasn't slipping up in front of Ford, as he was the most suspicious one.

But he was still able to have good times, either it being with is family or Bill. He did have great times with Bill, contrary to what he would have thought at the beginning. They were going in town to do stuff they couldn't do at home or in the forest, Bill was showing him stuff he never discovered before or couldn't really know about and was still teaching him some magic. He, after a couple of days, was already able to control his fire, now working in levitating himself and stuff around, which was harder, but sounded just more nice to do too.

Also, Bill powers were slowly going back to him the more time they were passing in places that were radiating magic a lot. Even if at first Dipper thought it would be something bad, Bill wasn't showing sign of wanting to start Weirdmageddon 2.0. Well, it was better like this, he wasn't wishing to live through that again, especially not after all the good time he had with the demon. Sure, he was still a demon and his way of reacting to certain things was showing it well, or even his interest in gory or violent stuff, but overall he was being fine.

On Bill side, he had to deal with something totally new to him: feelings. In his normal form made of pure energy, he didn't have do deal with such things, so now he was just lost. Why was he feeling happy and warm all the time around Dipper? Not that it was an unpleasant feeling, just that he didn't understand why it was happening. Or that feeling of annoyance he had whenever Pine Tree would give all his attention to someone else than him, for the exception of the other Pines, those were okay in his book. At least he didn't have that feeling much since they were often only the two of them.

It was still weird to feel all those new things he couldn't put words to. He wouldn't ask Dipper either, the human seems to already find him funny enough because he didn't know how many humans things were working. But he could feel it was never in a mocking way, it was genuine and it was always making him smile a little despite some of the situations being really frustrating. So yeah, he wouldn't ask about emotion, even if it seemed to be the basic human thing to get, even if humans themselves didn't get it most of the time.

They were now at Greasy's Diner for lunch since they were not sure if the Stans and Mabel would be at the shack. Also, Bill absolutely wanted to get back here, not that Dipper was against that idea. It would be a good break from being chased by some creature who didn't like that they entered their house. They were still laughing from being nearly eaten by it.

Dipper laughter suddenly died when he saw who was getting inside the restaurant, ducking down so he wouldn't be seen, getting a weird look from Bill. "Pine Tree what are you doing?" he asks before being shushed by Dipper. "Mabel, Stan and Ford just entered the Diner" he whispered only to see he demon turning around to look, totally not discreet. Right now the young man wanted to facepalm himself, but only tensed when he heard his name being called by his sister.

"Hey Mabel" he said awkwardly, seeing his family approaching them, everyone taking a look at Bill, curious. Mabel was the first one to react, way too happy. "Oh my god, Dipper, don't tell my this is the person you were talking about?!" she asked, clearly not troubled by the fact that the mysterious person wasn't a woman like she thought. "How could you find someone so handsome and not tell me more about it!" she exclaimed, not really getting attention on them. At this point, Dipper believed everyone in Gravity Falls was used to his sister being hip all the time.